cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offered extra data but never received it

Dogloverhere
I've been here awhile

In July 2023, I received a text from Rogers notifying me that *for my loyalty,* a 10gb bonus I had been receiving was now permanently added to my account for no added cost. No action on my part required. It was never added, and when I spoke to an agent there was nothing she could do but open a ticket. I was told it should be resolved within 5-10 business days. It wasn't. I've called back 2 more times and no one knows what else to do except wait longer and call again if this data doesn't get added. It's a pointless cycle because the agents can't apply it to my account on their own. I certainly don't feel "valued for my loyalty" waiting around for this data for close to 2 months now.

Did anyone else get this offer and actually receive it? I'm ready to jump ship since there are other carriers offering more for the money. My plan is 2gb for $37 as part of the Preferred Program.

*Added Labels*

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Offered extra data but never received it

Hello, @Dogloverhere.

I appreciate the additional info and the screenshots. I understand how frustrating it can be to wait a long time for an issue to be resolved. We can follow up on the ticket and update you until it's fixed. Please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps. You can find details about our private messaging in this blog.

Thank you for your continued patience. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

RogersZia

Hi @Dogloverhere,

This is definitely odd, typically the text includes a link or instructions on how to accept the offer. Sometimes offers also pop up when you log into your MyRogers profile.

Is it possible for you add a screenshot of the offer? Please make sure you exclude any personal information in the image.

RogersZia

Dogloverhere
I've been here awhile
Hi @RogersZia,
I don't see an option to add a photo, however, the agent I spoke to confirmed that Rogers sent me this offer.

The image I received reads "Indefinite benefits for loyalty. The free data bonus is still all yours."

The text is as follows:
"Rogers svc msg: Hello xxxxxx, your data bonus just got even better! Now it is linked with your current plan and will continue to automatically renew every month.

From scrolling to streaming, enjoy the extra gigabytes on us. Exclusively for . Thank you for choosing Rogers. Questions? Visit rogers.com/contact"

@Dogloverhere you can add a photo to your response by clicking on the camera icon in the reply box.

Can you please confirm what happened with the ticket my colleague opened up? Were you told if the ticket was closed without resolution or it's just delayed? 

Sometimes an offer can be system enforced, which means we're not able to manually added it to an account. If the case is still open I am sure our offline team will be able to get the right promo on your account.

When you log into your MyRogers do you see just the 2GB included in your plan or do you see the bonus 10 as well?

Please keep us posted!

RogersZia

Dogloverhere
I've been here awhile

Thank you for the reply, @RogersZia. I was told the ticket is still open, the last time being  on Sept. 11. They did explain they couldn't do any more, but it's frustrating how long it's taking and after such a long time, I worry it will continue to get buried by other tickets and never get looked at. I do think 2 months of waiting is more than a reasonable amount of time to be patient. I regularly check my account to see if the bonus has beens applied and it still says I only have 2gb. I've been calling the number provided by the notification when the ticket was received. Is there any other person I can talk to?

Here is the screenshot of the offer and my account data limit. 

Screenshot_20230921_204612_MyRogers.jpg

Screenshot_20230918_182526_Messages.jpg

Hello, @Dogloverhere.

I appreciate the additional info and the screenshots. I understand how frustrating it can be to wait a long time for an issue to be resolved. We can follow up on the ticket and update you until it's fixed. Please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps. You can find details about our private messaging in this blog.

Thank you for your continued patience. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 in conversation