cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temporary Lines

ajlaw
I've been here awhile

In Ontario - 403/Winston Churchill area.  Massive amounts of "temporary" lines in this neighborhood.  Is Rogers planning to upgrade the infrastructure in this area??  When?? 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Temporary Lines

RogersZia

Hi @ajlaw,

Welcome to the Community!

We do not have any updates for you at this time. If you have specific concern for a location please send us a PM @CommunityHelps for further assistance.

RogersZia

ajlaw
I've been here awhile

Hmmm.  Typical Rogers response.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@ajlaw  If you have aging infrastructure in your area, it will get upgraded.  The question is, to what?

In my area, we had all sorts of problems; for the past year, things have been especially bad.  Rumour had it that my entire neighbourhood was finally going to be upgraded to fibre by the end of 2021.  However, that didn't happen.  Instead, my old analog fibre node got upgraded  with newer technology.  The signal to my cable modem is now cleaner and much more stable... and eventually, Rogers will be able to offer higher upload speeds... but it is still cable Internet... and 'tis the season for replacing and burying all those temp cables that got strung up everywhere.

On the other hand, you may be one of the lucky ones that are on the short list to get upgraded to FTTH.

The only way to find out whether Rogers has any major upgrades planned is to send a private message to @CommunityHelps and ask them to check the construction schedule for your area.

If you want to find out if ANY provider is bringing FTTH to your area, try calling city hall to see whether anybody has applied for permits to bring in fibre.  You can also check the National Broadband Internet Service Availability Map to see whether any provider has even expressed interest in bringing fibre Internet to your area.

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation