cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email notification of Preview channel changes ?

chris243
I've been here awhile

I just subscribed to Ignite TV a couple of weeks ago.  We realized that there were channels we could watch that were not on our list of subscribed channels.  I figured out that these seem to be channels that have a Free Preview running.  I know there is a page that you can go to for Preview announcements (although I also see posts about it not being updated in a timely manner).  Is there any way to get an email notification, either with the actual new Preview channel listing, or with a link to the Preview page, when the Preview channels change?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Email notification of Preview channel changes ?

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@chris243 wrote:

Thanks for your suggestions, however I'm looking to avoid going and checking web pages for all the various services I use, which I why I asked if there was a notification mechanism.

There is no way to get email notifications of upcoming Free Previews, not that I know of anyway.  However, Free Previews usually take effect on the first of the month, and you can see the active previews by issuing the "Free Previews" voice command.  You can also do this with button presses by clicking the (Rogers) Menu button, then go to "Saved", "For You", scroll down to the "Trending On Now" section and select "Free Previews".

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

mebe
I'm a trusted contributor
There are various National Free preview listings (along with Bell, etc.), that the digital home website often posts (often weeks in advance), that Rogers follows to some degree.

The Rogers Free Preview page is often late in posting, but the Ignite Couch thread posts the newest free previews in monthly posts. However, for example, the April post doesn't mention that BBC Earth and Cottage Life channels are still free, because they were listed in the March post (both ending April 29).

Note: Once you are reading an Ignite Couch post, you can scroll down the page to see the links for some of the other monthly free preview links, without having to scroll through the Ignite Couch thread to find them.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/The-Ignite-Couch/bd-p/ignitecouchforum-board

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/The-Ignite-Couch/Free-Preview-Channels-for-April-2024/td-p/525...

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/The-Ignite-Couch/Free-Preview-Channels-for-March-2024/td-p/522...

https://www.rogers.com/iptv/free-previews

mebe
I'm a trusted contributor

I don't have IgniteTV, but if your Guide is set to Free-to-Me, you should be able to see your Subscribed channels, along with the Free Preview channels. It would be great if there was a Guide setting that only listed the free-preview channels, but I'm not aware of one.

chris243
I've been here awhile

Thanks for your suggestions, however I'm looking to avoid going and checking web pages for all the various services I use, which I why I asked if there was a notification mechanism.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@chris243 wrote:

There is no way to get email notifications of upcoming Free Previews, not that I know of anyway.  However, Free Previews usually take effect on the first of the month, and you can see the active previews by issuing the "Free Previews" voice command.  You can also do this with button presses by clicking the (Rogers) Menu button, then go to "Saved", "For You", scroll down to the "Trending On Now" section and select "Free Previews".

chris243
I've been here awhile

Thanks, I'll give those a try.

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 in conversation