cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RCS Issues On Family Plan

ChochiWpg
I've been here awhile

I recently added my wife's phone to my Roger's invoice. We are now setup on a family plan, sharing our data etc.

We both own Pixel 2 devices, both use Google Messages as our main app for texting as well. I can enable enhanced messaging (RCS) through the Google Messages app on either my wife's phone or on my phone but I can't seem to activate them both at the same time.

We both obviously have our own SIM and phone number so I'm not sure if the RCS service is linked specifically to only one billing ID? I assumed we should both be able to enable the feature.

What's also interesting, is when the feature was enabled on my wife's phone and I send myself a message, it would send via RCS on her phone and then I would never receive it. It's almost like the same issue iPhone users have when they migrate over to Android and forget to deactivate their iMessage service and all the text messages they send just get lost on the server and never received. After I deactivated enhanced messaging and resent the message via SMS, I received it without an issue.

Is there anyway for both of us to activate and use RCS? It's such a useful feature that I'd like to take advantage of instead of regular SMS text. 

***EDITED LABELS***

3 REPLIES 3

Re: RCS Issues On Family Plan

RogersCorey

Good afternoon @ChochiWpg

Welcome to our Community!

Hmm... this a strange one you have here! I haven't seen this exact issue before. I know RCS is really important though, so let's get to work on finding a solution.

The first thing that immediately comes to mind for me here is your Google ID. Are you and your wife sharing a Gmail account by chance? Please let us know!

Regards,

RogersCorey

ChochiWpg
I've been here awhile
Hi Corey,

No, my wife and I both have our own Google accounts. Thanks

Good morning @ChochiWpg!

I was hoping it would be a simple fix but I had a feeling this issue may be more complex than it appears on the surface.

Let's troubleshoot this one together! We may need to perform an escalation to have it looked into further but I'd like to check your account history first. There are some steps that I have left to try if they haven't already been attempted.

Please PM us @CommunityHelps. If you're not familiar with our PMing process, you can find instructions here.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation