cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Barring and Fixed Dialing Numbers

themattik
I've been around

Hello,
I am looking for a way to restrict an android phone from making calls. I have someone in my life who loves to use their phone, but their given their current state I need to prevent them from making unwanted calls especially during the night. Do not disturb mode only seems to silence incoming calls while I need to restrict outgoing calls. I came across the android features Call Barring and Fixed dialing numbers but neither seem to work. Fixed dialing numbers is grey out/disabled and call barring always says "rejected, cannot read data". Does Rogers restrict these features? Can someone provide guidance how to use them or activate them? Is there another approach to this situation?

Thanks

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Call Barring and Fixed Dialing Numbers

RogersJermaine

Hi @themattik,

Thank you for posting your query here on the Rogers Community Forums!

We can certainly understand the need to restrict certain features on a mobile device and we will be happy to look into this further for you. Are you looking to block all outgoing calls from that phone? What make and model android device are you using? 

I have the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 on Android 13 and I found the call barring feature here. 
Press the phone icon.
Press the menu icon. (The 3 vertical dots)
Press Settings.
Press Supplementary services.
Press Call barring

I turned on "block all outgoing calls" and it did work for me when I tested it. Please let us know if those steps work for you or some more information on the device being used so that we can assist.

Thank you
RogersJermaine

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Call Barring and Fixed Dialing Numbers

RogersJermaine

Hi @themattik,

Thank you for posting your query here on the Rogers Community Forums!

We can certainly understand the need to restrict certain features on a mobile device and we will be happy to look into this further for you. Are you looking to block all outgoing calls from that phone? What make and model android device are you using? 

I have the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 on Android 13 and I found the call barring feature here. 
Press the phone icon.
Press the menu icon. (The 3 vertical dots)
Press Settings.
Press Supplementary services.
Press Call barring

I turned on "block all outgoing calls" and it did work for me when I tested it. Please let us know if those steps work for you or some more information on the device being used so that we can assist.

Thank you
RogersJermaine

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 in conversation