cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deceased Account-Holder

PapaProton
I've been here awhile

I am inquiring as to how one may deal with the passing of an account-holder whose home has passed to next-of-kin. That next-of-kin now owns the home of the Rogers account-holder who was the previous homeowner. How may one continue to have that Rogers account, but under one's own name? No doubt Rogers would require that person to close-down or cancel outright the account of the deceased and create a new one under that person's own name as the new owner of the home. If such is the case, would the new account be able to retain or at least have all email addresses, Home Phone numbers etc. passed over to the new account? How would this work? What if it is imperative for the one to keep the e-mail addresses and Home Phone nos. due to links to billing etc? Please advise.

**Labels Added**

1 REPLY 1

Re: Deceased Account-Holder

RogersZia

Good morning @PapaProton,

Welcome to the Community!

My deepest condolences to the family!

If the account holder is deceased, financial responsibility for the account can only be assumed by a family member or by a Legal Representative for the customer’s estate (such as an Executor/Executrix, a liquidator, or a court appointed trustee).

If you fall into any of the categories above, we can setup the transfer of service under your name/financial info. Please click here to send us a PM @CommunityHelps to get started.

RogersZia

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation