cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why was Deutsche Welle dropped Jan 2024?

NS28G
I've been here awhile

I called Rogers enquiring into why DW was no longer active? Rogers' clerk had no answer other than both German channels were dropped without notice....again why?

Amazon Firestick is looking more promising by the day. Fee's keep escalating, I've been a loyal Rogers member for 20+ years yet need to renew into another 2 year contract.  When will Rogers/ Shaw show their loyalty?

***Edited Labels***

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Why was Deutsche Welle dropped Jan 2024?

RogersMoin

Hello, @NS28G.

We are grateful to have you as a loyal member of the Rogers family for over two decades, and welcome to our Community!

Losing access to your favourite channel can be disappointing; DW Deutsch+ channel owners decided to stop airing the channel as of December 31, 2023.

Standalone channel subscribers: DW Deutsch+ will be removed from the account and no longer be billed for it as of December 31.

Theme Pack subscribers: DW Deutsch+ will be removed from the German Popular Theme Pack, and the Theme Pack will be replaced with DW at $4/mo as it's the only remaining channel in the Theme Pack. 

We appreciate your understanding; please let us know if you have further questions. 

Regards,

RogersMoin

NS28G
I've been here awhile

You're saying the owners of DW Deutsch+ channels just decided to stop?? They would be in contract with Rogers, that contract must have come to an end and Rogers couldn't meet a deal with them then. 

You're saying I can get DW now by itself though for $4/month?  

Hello, @NS28G 

That is correct, you can still subscribe to DW as a standalone channel for $4.00 + taxes per month.

RogersTony

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

the channel that is gone is DW Deutsch+,   not the english one

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 in conversation