cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happened to BBC First?

GuitarGeorge
I've been here awhile

As of yesterday (March 19, 2024) BBC First has been displaying a message that reads "The broadcaster is currently experiencing technical difficulties. Please stand by."

Does anyone have any information regarding what happened to this channel or if it will be coming back?

Is this an issue that's unique to Rogers customers or has BBC First gone off the air for all service providers in Canada?

*Added Labels*

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: What happened to BBC First?

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@GuitarGeorge Rogers was experiencing technical problems on their end, and it only affected some channels.

Early this morning, I saw the same on City (Toronto), and as Rogers started picking up the pieces, there were sync issues with the feed.   The CityNews 24/7 channel was also off the air and broadcasting noise.

BBC First is broadcasting again and the technical issues with the other channels seem to have been resolved as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@GuitarGeorge Rogers was experiencing technical problems on their end, and it only affected some channels.

Early this morning, I saw the same on City (Toronto), and as Rogers started picking up the pieces, there were sync issues with the feed.   The CityNews 24/7 channel was also off the air and broadcasting noise.

BBC First is broadcasting again and the technical issues with the other channels seem to have been resolved as well.

GuitarGeorge
I've been here awhile

As of last night (March 20, 2024) the issue had been resolved. Thanks -G- for the reply, and confirmation that it wasn't just me.

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 2 in conversation