cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oct 25, 2023 Rogers service out for hours

socagirl2
I'm here a lot

I tried calling Rogers Technical support last night Oct 25, 2023 to report TV trouble and could not even get to report it because the phone recording said that due to increased volume my calls could not even be answered! I was left without service for hours not knowing what was going on. I tried troubleshooting myself to no avail. I suspect that the trouble may not have been caused by my equipment because the modem kept switching off and on on its own even though there was full power in the house. I could not even get onto the Rogers website to see if there was a posting about an outage! My TV came back but I still do not know why it went out!

**Labels Added**

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Oct 25, 2023 Rogers service out for hours

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@socagirl2 : This may not help you now, but there was a huge 3-page thread yesterday on the issue in this forum...

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Ignite-TV/Service-Interruption/td-p/515445

There seems to have been some sort of DNS issue on Rogers part.

https://ca.search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=AwrFGRFScDplCTMNxg7qFAx.;_ylc=X1MDMjExNDcyMTAwMgRfcgMyBGZyA3...

You may wish to bookmark the following link - It lets you know if others are having the issue and there is sometimes feedback if there is an outage:

https://downdetector.ca/status/rogers/

RogersYasmine

Greetings @socagirl2 !

Welcome to our Rogers Community Forums! We hope you like it here. 🙂

An issue was identified earlier and has since been resolved. If you are still experiencing problems with your services after restarting your modem, please provide a description of the issue and we'll be happy to investigate. 

We also provide updates to any ongoing, major service interruptions here in the community! Please feel free to bookmark our Service Interruptions page found here: Rogers Service Interruptions - Rogers Community

Kind regards,

RogersYasmine

socagirl2
I'm here a lot

Thanks for the info Resident Expert. I find it frustrating that I have to get info from people other than Rogers.

Hello Yasmine,

Up to now, I have not seen any info from Rogers to me - their customer, about what happened, where what or who it affected. I never saw any news about the "issue" when I logged on last night or this morning. I do not like how Customer Care handles the communication of this - if they even do that - redirecting you to Anna around and around in circles... I had click so many links trying to find any news of an outage. To me, outages should be a running banner or email or something on the first web page of the website when you log on so that customers know not to try troubleshooting in vain. Why should I have to go to the Community Forum and read thru umpteen messages just to find out something that Rogers should be advising me themselves? That is not 10/10 Customer Care.

There was no way to access Rogers website or the app. Was told 3 hour wait when I called so I hung up. There needs to be a way to notify customers when there is an outage. The only thing working was my cell on 5G. Still couldn’t access the website. I guess there was too much traffic. I had no internet, TV or home phone.

Charalikate
I've been around
I had the same issue ... I even tried to use "anna" and that was just a joke...absolute waste of time and money creating a bot that you can't bypass to get a real person via chat.

Maybe Roger's should be providing us credit ... they can afford it.

loulouwho
I've been around
I have a tablet and phone that won't recognize my wifi since the outage last Wednesday.

Rogers Customer Care needs improvement. It has been almost a week and I still have not heard from Rogers about the outage. Since then I keep getting sporadic pixelated spasms during the night when I watch TV. Sometimes the picture sticks but the audio continues and sometimes it's the reverse, leaving gaps in the programming broadcast. This was actually noticed since before October 25th. Maybe it was a sign of things to come. Guess we're left in the dark to figure things out on our own. We are paying the highest rates in North America. What are we paying hundreds of dollars for?

Good morning @loulouwho!

It sounds like we'll need to do some WiFi related troubleshooting to get your devices back online. Have you tried forgetting the network and then reconnecting to it manually once again?

If that doesn't work, please feel free to send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, you can find out more here.  

Regards,

RogersCorey

Topic Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 7 in conversation