cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost My Ability to Record?

Cbernard
I've been here awhile

A week or so ago, I noticed that all my recordings are gone and when I hit "record" I get a message that says I "need a DVR subscription"  I have spoken to a few Rogers tech people but they always seem to need to "pass it on to another team"

Any ideas what is happening?  Also, how long has Rogers made it impossible to change your package online under the guise of "technical issues"?

***Edited Labels***

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Lost My Ability to Record?

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Which Rogers TV service are you using, Ignite TV or legacy Digital TV?

If you are an Ignite TV customer, something about your account setup may be messed up which is preventing you from being able to access the DVR service.  You may be able to fix it by pressing the "A" button on your remote to access the Help screen, then selecting "System Refresh".

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I'm assuming this is Digital Cable.  What's the make/model of the PVR?  Have you done a reboot of the PVR?  I seem to recall this a few years back. I believe it was an issue with the provisioning of the PVR.  You'll need to contact Rogers and have them properly set up your account. It may have something to do with them setting up the PVR incorrectly, somehow, at some time, to think it's a tuner-only box instead of a PVR. I have no idea why this happens - it's pretty rare.  I suggest you ask for second level support, or perhaps send a PM to the @CommunityHelps people here. Click on the link in the previous sentence when logged into the forum and find "send a message" on that page.

Digital Cable is being phased out and Rogers is migrating everyone eventually to IgniteTV. That's why you can't make any changes online, only by calling, and even then they make things difficult for Digital Cable customers because they want to migrate everyone.

diaper
I've been around

I'm sorry, but it did not work. As mentioned above, Rogers Tech Support for some reason cannot fix these issues. They always escalate it to another level. Such as XRE 00002 error report.

Greetings @diaper!

The XRE 00002 error is often due to a physical connection issue with the modem or a problem with the Ignite Entertainment box.

If tightening all the cables, ensuring they're firmly connected and rebooting both your modem and Ignite Entertainment Box doesn't resolve this, we would need to escalate a ticket.

Feel free to send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, you can find out more here.  

Regards,

RogersCorey

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 in conversation