cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long process to add channel

I plan to stick around

How long and how many customer service employees does it take to add a channel?

Rogers: Hi, my name is x from Rogers in Charlottetown. Thank you for taking the time to connect with us, how are you doing today?

Customer: Hello. Please add a and b to our television subscription.

Rogers: You have reached the right person, I will definitely try to help you out today once I have full access to your account.

Customer: Thank you.

Rogers: Unfortunately, I am getting an error on my system. I will transfer you to another department and they will add it for you.

— Your chat is now being transferred. Another support representative will greet you as soon as they are ready to assist you. —

Rogers: Hello, thank you for contacting Rogers. This is y, how may I help you today?

Customer: Hello. Please add a and b to our television subscription.

— Your chat is now being transferred. Another support representative will greet you as soon as they are ready to assist you. —

Customer: 😕

— Queue position: 25.. 24.. 23.. 22.. 21.. 20.. 19.. 18.. 17.. 16.. 15.. 14.. 13.. 12.. 11.. 10.. 9.. 8.. 7.. 6.. 5.. 4.. 3.. 2.. 1.. —

Customer: 😕

— ....55 minutes later.... —

Rogers: Hi, I'm z. How may I help you?

Customer: You are now the third Rogers customer service employee that I have asked this: Please add a and b to our television subscription. I have been here for the past hour. Why does this take so long?

Rogers: I can feel that you are frustrated with all this wait time and I do understand that is natural. I will be helping you out today.

— .....5 minutes later.... —

Rogers: I see that you've already been verified and secured through your MyRogers account, so it's just going to take me a moment to access your account.

— ....10 minutes later.... —

Rogers: It is processing the request right now. I will let you know once I get confirmation.

— ....5 minutes later.... —

Rogers: Channels a and b have been added.

Customer: Thank you.

* Messages revised due to grammatical and spelling errors by Rogers employees.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Long process to add channel

mebe
I'm a trusted contributor
Those multiple transfers have happened to me a few times when adding or subtracting digital legacy tv channels. However, I only call Rogers to make channel changes to my account.

Error messages tend to occur more often if you have a special promo (like a month free for a movie channel, etc.), that the agent needs to first remove, then add the channels you want, then put back the special offer.

If you have no special offers that you are aware of, the individual agent might be encountering specific problems with their own equipment/software.

Sometimes the agent only tries one way to add a channel that keeps failing, yet the other agents that help you next, try adding what you want, using a different method that finally works.

Quite often, my channel additions/subtractions can be done in about 15 minutes.
Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation