cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Legacy Customer Premise Equipment

JordanThomasMur
I've been here awhile

I just received an email saying I need to return my Legacy Customer Premise Equipment. I'm confused. What does this mean?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Legacy Customer Premise Equipment

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@JordanThomasMur wrote:

I just received an email saying I need to return my Legacy Customer Premise Equipment. I'm confused. What does this mean?

When you cancel a service or migrate from a Legacy service to Ignite, you need to return your rental equipment.  That would be your modem(s) for Internet and/or Home Phone, and your set-top boxes for TV, along with power cords, power supplies and remote controls.  You can find the complete list of what you must return here: https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Blog/How-to-return-Rogers-equipment/ba-p/461344

and here: https://www.rogers.com/support/billing-accounts/returning-rental-equipment

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@JordanThomasMur wrote:

When you cancel a service or migrate from a Legacy service to Ignite, you need to return your rental equipment.  That would be your modem(s) for Internet and/or Home Phone, and your set-top boxes for TV, along with power cords, power supplies and remote controls.  You can find the complete list of what you must return here: https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Blog/How-to-return-Rogers-equipment/ba-p/461344

and here: https://www.rogers.com/support/billing-accounts/returning-rental-equipment

JordanThomasMur
I've been here awhile

Do I have to mail them or can I return them to my local Rogers store?

@JordanThomasMur wrote:

Do I have to mail them or can I return them to my local Rogers store?

Rogers' current process for handling equipment returns require that you mail in your old equipment.  (See the FAQ's on the links that I posted earlier.). If you try to deviate from or circumvent those processes, you risk running into all sorts of problems.

The Rogers stores have not handled equipment exchanges or returns since the COVID lockdowns.  The small, independently-owned-and-operated stores definitely won't handle returns.  The larger corporate stores might... and if they do, make sure that you get a receipt.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Here is an interesting story, My parents are Retired Senior Citizens, they got an offer to migrate their legacy services to Ignite,  There were a few hickups, however the technician finally did show up and migrated them over, and removed the old Telephone Customer Premise Equiptment,  however a few days later my parents discovered the old cable modem was still plugged into the power and connected to a coax despite the coax being disconnected at the Demarcation point.  The tech did not take the cable modem with him nor did he explain to my parents that they have to return this item. This also caused issues with connectivity as they were confused why their devices were connecting to the network and not being able to browse, we realized the devices were connecting to the old inactive cable modem and since it was not getting signal it was causing them grief and frustration.

Good morning @Pauly,

I personally apologize for the lack of communication here. The equipment return process absolutely should have been explained to your parents, either by the person filling the Ignite migration order or by the tech doing the install.

If you'd like, I can submit a request to make sure that the tech and the agent are made aware of their mistake. Feel free to send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, you can find out more here.  

Regards,

RogersCorey

Thank you RogersCorey,

My parents did resolve any issues with not just this tech but the one prior who refused to install.  My parents were on the phone with customer relations and gave all the details about the technicians and hopefully the techs can be re-trained to better perform their job duties.

My parents also were able to take the older Rogers modem back to the Rogers store down the street and have it returned and removed off their account.

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 4 in conversation