cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I reboot my NextBox?

duckee21
I've been around

My nextbox displays -01- how do i reboot?

***Edited Labels***

1 REPLY 1

Re: How do I reboot my NextBox?

mebe
I'm a trusted contributor

01 is where the box usually gets stuck if there's an outage in your area, or you just had bad luck and need to try again.

Unplug the box and this time wait 1-10 minutes before you plug it back in. Generally, you can wait as little as 10 seconds and that will work just as well.

If it still gets stuck on 01, check your connections, and call Rogers Tech Support, because there might be a recorded message saying that there's an outage in your area. If not, stay on the line to see if anybody else reported a problem. Also ask Tech support to reboot your box from their end (they can often add something extra to the reboot that your box will like.

At least you don't see a crazy error message on the box display.

If you want to, you can also reboot the box by leaving it plugged in and then pressing the Settings button, or Menu button (depending on your remote), and then moving down the list to Troubleshooting. The box might take longer to start the reboot, so it might appear to be stuck, even before it gets to 01.

Good luck.

If it gets stuck on a different number the next time you reboot, just keep waiting for at least 10 minutes in case it's loading an important update. If it's still stuck, pull the plug and reboot again.

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation