cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CTV Stations

Cindy66
I'm here a lot

Anyone having issues with the CTV stations? Just recently sometimes we get them & sometimes we don't. The screen is just black.

*Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: CTV Stations

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Cindy66 : A black screen is almost always indicative of a signal level issue. You can check the signal yourself following the instructions in the following FAQ, or you can contact Rogers and have them check.  The issue with the latter is that they often say there's something wrong with your box, which there often isn't.

https://www.digitalhome.ca/threads/57-faq-tips-for-sa-cisco-stbs-also-pace.17719/

If you contact Rogers, they will try to entice you to switch to IgniteTV, which may be a good idea, but it's always a good idea to have a good signal at your home first.  Legacy Digital Cable is rumoured to be ending in late 2023, so it's probably a good idea to migrate to IgniteTV before the last minute.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Cindy66 : A black screen is almost always indicative of a signal level issue. You can check the signal yourself following the instructions in the following FAQ, or you can contact Rogers and have them check.  The issue with the latter is that they often say there's something wrong with your box, which there often isn't.

https://www.digitalhome.ca/threads/57-faq-tips-for-sa-cisco-stbs-also-pace.17719/

If you contact Rogers, they will try to entice you to switch to IgniteTV, which may be a good idea, but it's always a good idea to have a good signal at your home first.  Legacy Digital Cable is rumoured to be ending in late 2023, so it's probably a good idea to migrate to IgniteTV before the last minute.

mebe
I'm a trusted contributor
I still have digital legacy tv, but you didn't mention which CTV stations you are having trouble with.

I tend to watch CTV Toronto, but haven't noticed any black screens.

I have the timeshifting package, so I can check the other ones too, but it could just be a problem in your area, home or building.

I just noticed that CTV Winnipeg (SD channel 110), is incorrectly mapped to the DVS (Descriptive Video audio service feed, but if you switch to the actual DVS English audio (2nd choice), it is the regular English audio that Rogers should be using.

The info button allows you to change the audio settings (even works with recorded programmes), so it doesn't really matter if Rogers ever fixes it.

I agree with @57, but since I have no desire to pay for TV once Rogers kills off its legacy tv service, I at least hope that my PVR box can survive for as long as legacy tv lasts in my area.

By the way, when it comes to media access, I'm extremely spoiled, so I'm not surprised that I am looking forward to the end of my addiction to Legacy Tv. Its been a great ride, but there's no way that I can get addicted to IgniteTV, especially if I never let it into my home. I enjoyed using it at the Rogers store, but I'm ready to go back to the simple life.

jays77
I'm a trusted contributor

I had that problem a few weeks ago. it lasted a few days but now except for occasional freezing for a few seconds off and on it seems to have fixed itself.  

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 4 in conversation