cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Atlas remote guide button not working

Brian34
I plan to stick around

I have a atlas remote for a rogers digital set top box, the guide button will not work. Sound and channel buttons work fine. Any help most appreciated.

*** Edited Labels ***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Atlas remote guide button not working

Brian34
I plan to stick around

Thanks for all answers in the forum. Think i may have found a solution. I did a chat call with rogers

and they said they would courier a no cost to me atlas remote. Hope there promise comes true. Thanks again.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Bring the remote to the store and have them replace it for you, its faulty.  OR you can easily find one for low cost or even free online marketplaces sites.  

mebe
I'm a trusted contributor
Since digital legacy tv is being phased out within about 7 months (depending on various things), it should be difficult to find a legacy remote in the Rogers stores, but if you call around and can't find one, just contact Rogers to see if they'll mail you a free one (like they did for a customer with an even older remote).

I have an Atlas remote that I use as a temporary backup (when my slimmer newer remote needs a battery change).

All of the buttons on my Atlas remote work, but there are a fewa simple workarounds for a faulty Guide button. I have a 4k PVR set-top box, so if you have a different box, you might get different results.

1) The Simplest workaround is to press the Menu button, and then you'll see the word Guide. Make sure it's highlighted and then press OK/Select button to bring up the Guide.

2) Simply press the FAV (Favourite) button (mine is in between the the volume and channel up/down buttons. Once pressed, the Guide will appear showing all your favourite channels (if you don't have any, just add one). Then press the red C button and then from the right side of the screen, use the arrow button to either View all channels, or to Subscribed (shows all free channels and subscribed ones you can watch).

Remote relief at last.

Brian34
I plan to stick around

thanks so much for taking the time to reply,  i will give it a try.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@mebe wrote:
Since digital legacy tv is being phased out within about 7 months (depending on various things), it should be difficult to find a legacy remote in the Rogers stores,

There are lots of people selling or even giving away legacy equipment online.  I myself am giving away my rogers legacy remote online.

Brian34
I plan to stick around

Thanks for all answers in the forum. Think i may have found a solution. I did a chat call with rogers

and they said they would courier a no cost to me atlas remote. Hope there promise comes true. Thanks again.

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 in conversation