cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

98.1 CHFI Christmas Music and Fireplace Channel

Kmwolf
I'm here a lot

I have legacy VIP TV and have been waiting weeks for the Christmas music to actually show up on channel 299. The message "Thank you for tuning in. Please be advised the Sunset Channel will resume on January 11, 2024" is the only thing I see with elevator music in the background. How hard can it be to provide the actual programming that you actually advertise?

***Edited Labels***

5 REPLIES 5

Re: 98.1 CHFI Christmas Music and Fireplace Channel

ReneHache
I plan to stick around

It's working fine on Ignite TV, it still have the fireplace and the audio of CHFI FM, I'm guessing the issue is regional or only affect legacy tv. In fact I wish they could keep CHFI all year long on one of the three "screen saver" channels, I know that I can just listen on the website, like I do, I have many stations that I rotate.

ReneHache, yes I know it works on Ignite because I was in Paris, ON over the weekend and they had it working just fine there. In Kitchener, ON, on legacy TV, it's no-go.

mebe
I'm a trusted contributor

There's no need to have CHFI with Legacy digital because the regular radio stations like CHFI (on ch. 902) are free (only Stingray stations are no longer free with my legacy digital Starter pack) with legacy tv.

However, in order to see all the free radio stations listed on the Guide, you need to set the Guide to show Music or ALL Channels (since they won't appear on the Guide if it's set to Subscribed .. which could mean that Rogers doest have the digital legacy rights to add CHFI to ch. 299 (which does appear on the Guide if set Subscribed.

Note: I believe that some of the previously available radio stations like 1050 am (TSN Sports radio in Toronto area) are no longer available on digital legacy (unless perhaps now incorrectly labeled on the Guide?).

Kmwolf
I'm here a lot

mebe, I know I can get the radio station, that is not the issue. I want the radio station with fireplace broadcast. Although Christmas is now over and it is not really required, it frustrates me that Rogers offers the channel, but cannot provide the technology to deliver.

mebe
I'm a trusted contributor

I noticed that even some of the US superstations had yule log broadcasts, so it's obviously still a thing to keep the TV set on during parties, etc.

I'm watching the Aquarium channel right now (ch.205), but I'm disappointed that Rogers hasn't added CGI Santa hats to all the fish ... or perhaps placed a real aquarium inside a virtual fireplace, so that fire and water can spend some quality time together during the holidays.

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation