cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You're Invited to the Toronto Maple Leafs Open House

Natedogg409
I've been here awhile

I got the following email from rogers@e-rogers.com trying to figure out if it's real.

Hello Nathan,

As a thank you for being an all-star Rogers customer, you and your family are invited to the Rogers | Toronto Maple Leafs Open House!

Join us on February 19, 2023 at Scotiabank Arena to experience your home team like never before. See your favourite Toronto Maple Leafs alumni and get VIP access to Scotiabank arena.

This exclusive event is fun for all ages and includes:

-

Hot stove discussion with surprise guests

-

Autograph signing and photos with team alumni

-

Exclusive access to Scotiabank Arena, interactive Hockey activations, and shop at Real Sports Apparel

-

Skate on the ice at Scotiabank Arena with friends and family*

*Limited quantity skating spots, first come first served

Hurry, get your FREE tickets while limited quantities last.

Event details:

February 19, 2023 | 2:30 PM
Scotiabank Arena | Toronto, ON

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: You're Invited to the Toronto Maple Leafs Open House

Hello Community,

We have reached out to our support teams and we can confirm that this is a legitimate email.

RogersTony

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

MareMac
I've been around

I got this as well. I went online with Rogers and they said it's a phishing scam.  Too bad. 😞 

Ajukas
I've been here awhile

Are you sure?

The email redirects to the official NHL website:

https://www.nhl.com/mapleleafs/arena/rogers-open-skate

Natedogg409
I've been here awhile
thinking the same thing. Where it directs you to get the tickets is NHL.com they can't fake that can they?
But also searching online I can not find this event listed on Scotia Bank arena or Ticketmaster website or anywhere

Ajukas
I've been here awhile

First, my email came with e.roger.com which is under rogers.com. The dot is a valid subdomain separator. If it was e-rogers.com, that would be a fake domain. The dash creates a different name. But was not this case. So both the sender and link are legit in my view. 

Second, doesn't matter what was in the e-mail as you can access the form on NHL.com directly. For someone to steal data from NHL.com they need to compromise the official website itself, which I believe is unlikely (too much effort just to steal you name/email/phone).

Lastly, I believe it's a Rogers promotion. They did something similar in other arenas (in Edmond I believe). So available until it lasts and no open sales (hence no Ticketmaster or anything similar).

hockeyrules
I've been around

I received this as well, and still can't make heads or tails if it is legit. I called Scotiabank Area and they didn't know of any events happening on February 19th. 

Hello Community,

We have reached out to our support teams and we can confirm that this is a legitimate email.

RogersTony

MonCheri
I'm here a lot
I have received one too. It's legit.

MLR_76
I've been here awhile

I signed up for this promo for loyal Rogers customers. I've now received two separate emails with one stating that I have skating tickets and another saying I have non-skating tickets. 

Anybody know who I can contact to sort this out? Is this offer even legitimate?

@MLR_76, welcome to the Community! This is a valid offer, I hope you were able to get assistance since you last posted here. 

RogersZia

Topic Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 10 Likes
  • 8 in conversation