cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Does Rogers Expire Prepaid Accounts That Have a Credit Balance?

telios
I plan to stick around

When is Rogers going to stop expiring paygo accounts with plenty of $$?

I should be able to use my phone as long as there are sufficient funds

available. Even if that lasts for several months, without interruption.

It is so disruptive and time wasting to find your phone unusable one early

morning, when you need to call someone urgently.

Rogers, are you listening???

***Edited Labels***

1 REPLY 1

Re: Why Does Rogers Expire Prepaid Accounts That Have a Credit Balance?

RogersYasmine

Hello @telios,

We appreciate your inquiry! I can certainly understand how something like this would be viewed as inconvenient if you only use your device on occasion or for emergencies. With pay as you go accounts, these are meant to be topped up on a monthly basis, however, one exception does apply.

If you are unable or do not want to top up your pay as you go plan on a monthly basis (every 30 days) and do not want to be worried about losing your service, you can add $100 or more to your prepaid account at which point your prepaid plan amount will get automatically deducted from this balance every 30 days. This will ensure that your service will remain active and you will not lose your number.

Anything lower than $100 requires you to top up your account every 30 days to keep the service active. If you do not top up your account for 6 months straight, the line will be canceled and you will lose your phone number indefinitely.

We love to get feedback from our customers and will be happy to pass your comments along to the appropriate department for review. 😊

Feel free to reach out directly to our Pay As You Go support team if you have further questions or concerns and they will be more than happy to assist! 

Pay As You Go (Prepaid):

1-800-575-9090 (from the main menu, select 4 and then 4, and then 1, to reach a live agent)

Mon-Fri: 8 am to 9 pm EST

Sat: 8 am to 9 pm EST

Sun: 10 am to 8 pm EST

Kind regards!

RogersLaura

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 in conversation