cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mexico with Prepaid plan

unun4848
I plan to stick around

Hi. Going to Mexico for a week. Current plan is $25 Talk & Text. That is supposed to include international text, but even in Newfoundland and Algonquin Park my phone says Emergency Calls Only. So what can I expect for service while traveling outside Canada? I'm completely new to that situation. The phone is not tied to the carrier and I would like the ability to at least text to Canada while away. Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Mexico with Prepaid plan

RogersYasmine

Good day, @unun4848!

Welcome to the Rogers community forums and thank you for posting your question! I'm sure you are excited for your upcoming travels to Mexico. 🙂

In regards to your particular prepaid plan, if you are referring to the $25 Talk and Text option found here, which states, "Unlimited incoming and outgoing texts, picture and video messaging to Canada, U.S. & International", this refers to the following:

**Includes messages sent from Canada. If your account does not have sufficient funds to pay the plan fee for the following period at the end of any given period, a 70¢/text rate and a 70¢/picture and video message rate apply to each message sent to any mobile numbers. Sent/received premium messages and messages sent while roaming are extra.

Hopefully, this helps clarify. If you have any additional questions or concerns pertaining to your plan or pricing, please reach out directly to our Pay As You Go (Prepaid) team as follows:

1-800-575-9090

• Mon-Fri: 8am to 9pm
  • Sat: 8am to 9pm
  • Sun: 10am to 8pm

Kind regards!

RogersYasmine

Re: Mexico with Prepaid plan

fiona59
I plan to stick around

Buy a cheap SIM card in Mexico

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies