cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi Satisfaction Guarantee

rottnbully
I've been around

Hello,
I would like to better understand the “WiFi Satisfaction Guarantee” I keep hearing about. I was a 25 year customer prior to the merger and was always MOSTLY satisfied with overall service (TV, Phone, Internet) - I say mostly because we have had a consistent “dead zone” in our Master Bedroom which of course impacts our TV and devices counting on WiFi. Shaw was never able to assist other than frequently upgrading to newer equipment when previous contract was up OR telling us to buy Pods (which I did not do based on the principal and additional cost). Monday we just signed a new 2 year contract for TV/Internet which again means a new Router but unfortunately again we have great coverage everywhere except the Main Bedroom (WiFi year on Ignite App shows strong signal everywhere except there).
I understand I could purchase a Pod to try to improve this area but my concept of a “Guarantee” for a paid service is not spending even more money for a Pod.
So what exactly is the “Wifi” Satisfaction guarantee?
Thank you!
Michael

*Added Labels*

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Wifi Satisfaction Guarantee

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Not a rogers employee.. but pulled this from their site under the wifi guarantee page:

Get our strongest, most secure WiFi for all your connected devices with the most powerful modems,1 WiFi pods if determined needed to help ensure wall-to-wall coverage, and a best-in-class WiFi app.

To me that says, they if they deem the pods needed, should be provided.
HOW you go about getting it deemed as needed is the question..

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@rottnbully wrote:

Hello,
I would like to better understand the “WiFi Satisfaction Guarantee” I keep hearing about. I was a 25 year customer prior to the merger and was always MOSTLY satisfied with overall service (TV, Phone, Internet) - I say mostly because we have had a consistent “dead zone” in our Master Bedroom which of course impacts our TV and devices counting on WiFi. Shaw was never able to assist other than frequently upgrading to newer equipment when previous contract was up OR telling us to buy Pods (which I did not do based on the principal and additional cost). Monday we just signed a new 2 year contract for TV/Internet which again means a new Router but unfortunately again we have great coverage everywhere except the Main Bedroom (WiFi year on Ignite App shows strong signal everywhere except there).

Unfortunately, Wi-Fi dead zones are caused by simple physics.  The building materials in home's construction (or some other decorative/architectural features between the Wi-Fi router and your dead zone) is blocking your router's Wi-Fi signal.  You can't fix the problem by boosting the power output of your router's Wi-Fi -- it's limited by government regulations, and if you could, boosting power will cause more problems than it would solve, and you still have the remaining problem that whatever block's your router's Wi-Fi signal also blocks the signal of your Wi-Fi clients.  The only solution is to work around whatever it is that is impeding your Wi-Fi signal: https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2020/02/the-ars-technica-semi-scientific-guide-to-wi-fi-access-point...

I understand I could purchase a Pod to try to improve this area but my concept of a “Guarantee” for a paid service is not spending even more money for a Pod.
So what exactly is the “Wifi” Satisfaction guarantee?

Rogers "WiFi Satisfaction Guarantee" is what it says it is: https://www.rogers.com/internet/wifi

(See their FAQ for more information.)

Rogers will help you to improve Wi-Fi coverage in your home and will provide you with tools to monitor the quality of your devices' connections.  It may be enough to simply move the Ignite Gateway to a better location.  You may also need to add Pods to improve your Wi-Fi coverage, which you will need to pay for, but Rogers will help you to get the best Wi-Fi coverage in your home that is possible, within reason,

rodjames79
I've been here awhile

Have you done a wifi survey of your home, and/or moved your AP to see if you could move the dead zone ?

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 in conversation