cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unknown Device found

User5341
I've been here awhile

Any one find a device on their system?

What to do if a device is listed and its not Yours?

Is Roger's safe and secure?

Can these unknown unlisted devices be tracked and identified?

Pls respond to this Rogers user.

***EDITED LABELS***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Unknown Device found

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@User5341  This is a common question, and is probably nothing to be concerned about.  From my response to another post, if you see a device with a MAC address where the second hex digit is either a 2, 6, A or E, then that is a Locally Administered Address.  You are seeing this (most likely) because one of the the devices connecting to your network is configured to use a random MAC address.

Your device probably also has a Wi-Fi setting where you can disable MAC address randomization, and you would use this when connecting to trusted networks or when it causes problems and you are not concerned about privacy and letting your device connect with its actual MAC address.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@User5341  This is a common question, and is probably nothing to be concerned about.  From my response to another post, if you see a device with a MAC address where the second hex digit is either a 2, 6, A or E, then that is a Locally Administered Address.  You are seeing this (most likely) because one of the the devices connecting to your network is configured to use a random MAC address.

Your device probably also has a Wi-Fi setting where you can disable MAC address randomization, and you would use this when connecting to trusted networks or when it causes problems and you are not concerned about privacy and letting your device connect with its actual MAC address.

User5341
I've been here awhile
I found 3 tvs on my list. They are not mine. I log them off . I change password . They keep reappearing. Now I have rogers security system... 2 cameras... I honestly believe those tvs can see my apt with those tvs. I feel more unsafe than before the cameras.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@User5341 wrote:
I found 3 tvs on my list. They are not mine. I log them off . I change password . They keep reappearing. Now I have rogers security system... 2 cameras... I honestly believe those tvs can see my apt with those tvs. I feel more unsafe than before the cameras.

How and where are you seeing those unknown TV devices?

Are you seeing them in HomeConnect as a devices that (appears to have?) connected to your Wi-Fi?  A nearby IoT device that HomeConnect discovered?  In Windows File Explorer, in the Network section, for nearby devices that got discovered, that you could connect to directly but that are not actually connected to your Wi-Fi network?

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation