cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers App Password Generator

timchase
I've been here awhile

How long will Rogers be working to resolve the app Password Generator that has been down for a week. 

***Edited Labels***

66 REPLIES 66

Re: Rogers App Password Generator

danno100
I plan to stick around

Can someone in upper management please get an answer to this problem and when it will be resolved? It is making many people upset with your service. If there is no fix I'll cancel my email and go to another provider!!!

danno100
I plan to stick around

I emailed the main Rogers email, as stated in the front of the bill you get each month.2 days and NO RESPONSE.

danno100
I plan to stick around

Rogers Jo, can you please ask when this password generator will be fixed. I need to know this before starting to migrate to another provider.

cynthialow
I've been around

I am so disgusted with Rogers right now. They are trying to manipulate us into using web client because they get revenue from ads. They want to control their customers. I don't understand why IMAP works with Android no problem but not with a desktop version. Even IMAP required an app password. They've even rigged it so I can't use with my Gmail account. And they don't even care since they haven't bothered to address the app password situation for like a year.

Can you advise when this app will be back up? Nice that you say the Yahoo access is still available. This as a email app is garbage. I want to use outlook.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@halkema11 : You may not need the App PW Generator to work.  See my post link below:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Can-t-create-App-password/m-p/517930/highlight/true#M...

Using the latest version of Outlook (on my Mac) I was able to access my e-mails without the need for an App PW, just using the regular Webmail PW.  I had read earlier posts by others who had managed to do the same thing with the latest Outlook (for Windows).  I believe some people had to delete their account(s) in Outlook and then (re)establish them.  If you need to to that, obviously it would be a good idea to do a backup first.  As I stated in my link, it's very similar to setting up e-mails in a device like a phone or tablet.

snite
I've been here awhile

Hello Rogers

When is this going to be fixed, ever? There are posts on here going back to spring of 2023, I'm not interested in storing my personal information on your Webmail servers. Fix your outlook problem

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@snite : Did you read the post above yours containing my link regarding the fact that the latest version of Outlook seems to work because it doesn't require an App PW?

Even when using Outlook, your (XXX@rogers.com) e-mails are still on the Rogers/Yahoo servers, so I'm confused by your comment.

ipalrosic
I plan to stick around

I have just encountered this problem and after several conversations with Rogers tech support, I am under impression that this will not be fixed at all, as Rogers decided to get out of business of providing security for emial clients altogether.

It is unfathomable to me that they would make such decision without consulting, or at least informing customers; but as the only course of action I can think of, I am planning to discontinue using Rogers as my primary email and transition this (and possibly other services) elsewhere

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@ipalrosic : I assume you read the recent posts which discuss the fact that the most recent version(s) of Outlook do not require an App PW and work just fine.

Also, I assume you know that it's best to have an e-mail address that is not tied to a specific service provider.  This can be done via Gmail, or Yahoo (not Rogers/Yahoo) or similar or getting your own domain which may cost a few $/mo.  In this way you can move or switch providers without issue.

anon1001
I plan to stick around

If I set up a GMail account, can I still use my Rogers email address and have all my emails forwarded to the GMail account?
How can I export the contents of my Rogers Inbox and Sent folders into a new GMail account?
If neither of these things are possible, your 'solution' isn't much of a solution.

@57 wrote:

@ipalrosic : I assume you read the recent posts which discuss the fact that the most recent version(s) of Outlook do not require an App PW and work just fine.

Also, I assume you know that it's best to have an e-mail address that is not tied to a specific service provider.  This can be done via Gmail, or Yahoo (not Rogers/Yahoo) or similar or getting your own domain which may cost a few $/mo.  In this way you can move or switch providers without issue.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@anon1001 wrote:  1. If I set up a GMail account, can I still use my Rogers email address and have all my emails forwarded to the GMail account?

2. How can I export the contents of my Rogers Inbox and Sent folders into a new GMail account?

1.Rogers/Yahoo does not allow for e-mail forwarding.  Premium Yahoo does, but that doesn't help us.

2. You can't export, but you can use the import function in Gmail.  In Gmail go to Settings - See All Settings - Accounts & Import.

anon1001
I plan to stick around

1. Not good. This means I'll have to tell hundreds of people not to use my Rogers email address anymore. I'm bound to lose some money over this until it all gets sorted out.
Sheesh.
2. If I can use the import function in Gmail, what types of things can it import if not mailboxes and/or emails from other email clients?
I guess I'll find out myself later today as I try to set this all up on Gmail.
Unbelievable.

@57 wrote:

@anon1001 wrote:  1. If I set up a GMail account, can I still use my Rogers email address and have all my emails forwarded to the GMail account?

2. How can I export the contents of my Rogers Inbox and Sent folders into a new GMail account?

1.Rogers/Yahoo does not allow for e-mail forwarding.  Premium Yahoo does, but that doesn't help us.

2. You can't export, but you can use the import function in Gmail.  In Gmail go to Settings - See All Settings - Accounts & Import.

snite
I've been here awhile

So basically the solution is to purchase office 365 and it may work vs Rogers fixing the connectivity on any other office outlook product because we happen to get a new computer. Is this a joke?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@snite : Not necessarily.  For example, I did a backup of my old Mac to Time Machine and used that to upload to my new Mac last year.  My App PWs were copied to my new Mac Mini M2 E10.  Also, if you haven't "lost" your App PW, it's possible to copy  it from the old computer to the new.  How you do that will depend on the e-mail client and type of computer in question.  If you have "lost" the App PW, then yes, you'll need paid Outlook for a Mac computer or Paid Outlook or the latest Thunderbird for Windows computers.  I do not have information regarding Thunderbird on a Mac at this time.

It's not a joke.  Software changes all the time and Rogers is not going to fix the App PW because it's in the past.    Yes, this is causing some people headaches and extra work.

danno100
I plan to stick around

Yes it does work, I tried it on my laptop, but my desktop has office 2021 and yesterday mine went down also.

It still sems to work on android devices, but when they go down , then you can't access your email.Time to move my email to another provider. Bit of work but do a few sites each day.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@danno100 wrote: Yes it does work....It still seems to work on android devices,

Please clarify what "it" is in both instances.

snite
I've been here awhile

I don't have a Mac what I have is a new gaming system with the data cloned from my old system with exception of the password which didn't copy over or is unrecognized by Rogers on this new system.

Software does change all the time and you would think a giant media company would be able to have a solution for users of office outlook. Its not like its some obscure piece of software and I would remind everyone that this need for a separate password was added by Rogers 5-10 years ago prior to that it wasn't needed.

This is a Rogers created problem, they are the ones responsible to fix this, placing a burden on the user to purchase other software products that may or may not work is a joke

mozerd
I plan to stick around

This past weekend I was trying to configure MS Office Outllok for my Client who is a Rogers subscriber. No Luck becasue Rogers App Gerate Passwaord feature is not working so my client is forced to use Rogers Webmail.

The Rogers CSR was not able to provide an ETA for the fix  .... Has Rogers lost all of their compitent programers or is this a Yahoo issue ???

Quite Frankly Rogers should be ashamed  .... a completly avoidable issue that keeps rearing its ugly head consistent;y ...

David Mozer
IT-Expert on Call

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@mozerd wrote:

1. This past weekend I was trying to configure MS Office Outllok for my Client who is a Rogers subscriber. No Luck becasue Rogers App Gerate Passwaord feature is not working so my client is forced to use Rogers Webmail.

2. The Rogers CSR was not able to provide an ETA for the fix  ....

1. The latest version of paid Outlook (365) works without the need for an App PW.

2. This issue is over a year old and is extremely unlikely to be "fixed".

3. Several people have reported that the latest version of Thunderbird (for PC) also works without the need for an App PW.

mozerd
I plan to stick around

Paid ?. Very funny ….. yes the office outlook 2021 is a paid version 😃

David Mozer
IT-Expert on Call
Topic Stats