cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ping issues ethernet.

Xantiquity
I've been here awhile

Just got the 1.5gb plan at a basement address with the xb7 modem. I play various games mainly LoL but i notice my ping will go from anywhere 22 to 35 to sometines 60. As of the last 3 days it's been around 35-60 always game to game. But i noticed initially when i had the xb6 i would see 22 ms ping occasionally. Is there any solution to this as prior to the change I was with bell on 15 ms. I will get moments where i lag / spike. Any help would be appreciated

**Labels Added**

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Ping issues ethernet.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Xantiquity  You can follow the directions in this post to report issues with latency and jitter.  However, ping times in the 20 - 30 ms range (even to well-connected hosts) are pretty typical for DOCSIS (cable) Internet, and I think that Rogers considers any latency spikes below 100 ms to be acceptable.

A few years ago, we all experienced serious issues with Rogers Internet (I logged ping RTTs exceeding 12000 ms -- yes, 12 seconds) and localized the cause to be within Rogers' own network, and even that went on unresolved for SEVERAL months.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Ping issues ethernet.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Xantiquity  You can follow the directions in this post to report issues with latency and jitter.  However, ping times in the 20 - 30 ms range (even to well-connected hosts) are pretty typical for DOCSIS (cable) Internet, and I think that Rogers considers any latency spikes below 100 ms to be acceptable.

A few years ago, we all experienced serious issues with Rogers Internet (I logged ping RTTs exceeding 12000 ms -- yes, 12 seconds) and localized the cause to be within Rogers' own network, and even that went on unresolved for SEVERAL months.

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation