cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partial loading of screens and then stalls - have to use reload this page to complete

buddymcl
I plan to stick around

In August I had to change from my CGN3 to what I think is a XB7 2nd gen ( a rectangular white box about 8" tall with honeycomb holes on top).  It was installed and set up by a Rogers Technician.

My speeds are fine  according to Okida Speedtest

DOWNLOAD Mbps
 UPLOAD Mbps
Ping ms  13  109  8
However it has annoying habit of starting to load a page and then stalling - sometimes leaving a blank page and sometimes a partial page but not complete.  This happens on things such as flipp or microsoft news feeds or the news that is part of Rogers Yahoo.  The only solution seems to be using the "reload this page" to force it to complete.

I do not recall this happening with my previous modem and they increased my speed under the new contract but it is negated by this problem.  I have streamed movies at times and it does not seem to happen then.  We have several computers and Ipads and Alexa devices but not usually many running at the same time.

RogersCorey is helping me with my other problem but I don't think this is related. 

*** Edited Labels ***
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Partial loading of screens and then stalls - have to use reload this page to complete

RogersCorey

Good afternoon @buddymcl!

Have you taken note if this stalling occurs on both WiFi and an Ethernet connection? Did you end up splitting your network in the end or did you leave band steering turned on?

If you have band steering disabled, I would recommend that we try turning it back on to see if it helps to mitigate this issue at all.

Could you also perform a ping test and a traceroute to one or more of the websites that is stalling out while loading then paste the results here for us?

Thanks!

RogersCorey

Re: Partial loading of screens and then stalls - have to use reload this page to complete

buddymcl
I plan to stick around

This occurs on my main computer connection by ethernet to the router which is 6" away. 

We have 3 ethernet computers and 1 wireless computer plus 1 wired printers and 1 wireless printer. 

My wife has a 2 Ipads and one notebook connected wirelessly and has not noticed any loading problems.

We have 2.4g and 5G operating via TP Link  as some of our equipment is quite old.

The new router was entirely set up and installed by the Rogers Technician.  I did not even know what band steering was until you mentioned it above.  I cannot check if it is on or off as  I do not know the username or password and the tech did not leave any information.  The Rogers manual with it also says nothing about the password or band steering.

I shall try to see what sites it is not loading and ping it but I do not know what a traceroute is or how to do it?

By the way after 4 days going around with you on the internet rogers yahoo email lockouts  I got a canned message saying I had a problem with my ignite TV - which I never mentioned and do not have - Rogers is unaware of this and so confused they can't tell the difference between yahoo email and ignite  TV? 

Hello, @buddymcl 

Thank you for providing us with those details. 

The login information for the HomeConnect app is the same as the login information you would use for your MyRogers profile on Rogers.com. You can find the specific steps on how to do the Ping test and Traceroute by clicking here

Please lookout for a private message from us so we can continue troubleshooting your email issue.

RogersTony

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation