cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite TV and Internet dropping connection constantly

Scott23
I've been here awhile

This has been happening for about two months now and they have sent techs to my house four times already to fix the issue. They have replaced the modem, coax and I've replaced my ethernet cable and its still happening.

Basically every few minutes my ping spikes to 6000 in Discord and online games (I am connected via Ethernet) and the ignite tv goes black and then 10 or so seconds later it comes back on. From what I've read online this is likely a case of a drop cable needing to be replaced. However the Rogers technicians are refusing to change it. They are now sending us wifi pods thinking it will fix the issue even though I was adamant that the wifi was not the issue.

What do I have to do to get them to fix this issue? Its been two months with non functioning tv and internet my family and I are so frustrated we would have switched providers already if Bell offered better speeds in my area. I am willing to try anything, its the holidays and we cannot even enjoy ourselves.

Please help us were so sick of dealing with this.

***Edited Labels***

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Ignite TV and Internet dropping connection constantly

RogersJermaine

Hi @Scott23

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums and thank you for you post! 

I understand how frustrating it can be to have multiple technicians come out and still not have your connectivity issue resolved. We can certainly look into this further for you. 
First if you can answer a few questions so that we can better assist.

•    Are there any other devices connected to the modem by Ethernet cable?
•    Are you noticing the tv disconnecting only while in discord and online gaming? 
•    Are there any other devices connected that lose connection at the same time as the tv goes down? 

Looking forward to your reply. 

Cheers,
RogersJermaine

Scott23
I've been here awhile

No I notice the issue on everything I do, even watching Youtube with buffering it goes out so often that videos do not load. It happens to all devices in the house at the same time. When the tv goes black the internet cuts out and vice versa it happens on wifi and ethernet. They told us a few days ago it was an area issue, then they called us Christmas Eve telling us it was fixed but it is not fixed a senior tech is coming tomorrow but I can assure you it is something to do with the outside wiring probably the drop cable. They also sent us a wifi pod even after I assured the guy that it had nothing to do with wifi. Everything in the house including the modem has been changed. If they do not redo the drop cable and outside wiring it will almost certainly not fix it

Scott23
I've been here awhile

Senior tech came today, still isn't fixed we want refunded for the last two months this is absurd.

Good day @Scott23,

Thank you for the detailed information! I can open an investigation with our network team to investigate this for you.

Please send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can get started on this. Not familiar with our private messaging system? No worries, click here.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers,

RogersRahul

SalGb
I've been around

It's been 35 days we cannot get a decent internet connection inspire of having 1gbps internet. My studies and work is being affected by this so do others. Two tech ixian visited but we are back to square one. I am in Cooksville Mississauga. Is there anyone facing the issue or is it unique to me.

Greetings @SalGb!

My name is Corey and I'm here today to look into this concern you have regarding your Internet connection.

We'd be happy to take a closer look to see what is going on! Feel free to send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, you can find out more here.  

Regards,

RogersCorey

felixkr
I've been here awhile
This is an issue a lot of Rogers customers seem to have, and the reps constantly patronize whether it’s online or over the phone, placing the blame on the customer every time. I’m fed up as well. Bye bye Rogers I’m tired of your spotty service

bobp3008
I've been here awhile

The issue with the Ignite TV blacking out was resolved for me by replacing the TV box attached to the TV (Xi6T). I think the box resets itself intermittently. Since its also on the WIFI network it may be throwing noise on the network. The noise part is just a guess. I was ready to replace my TV for the black screening until I swapped out the TV box. Good luck!

Topic Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 7 in conversation