cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forgot WiFi Password

Nash1111
I've been here awhile

I forgot wifi password from when it was installed in January it was the one the installer used and I tried the wifi app but I can't sign in without password so not sure and it's not on the modem like my old one? Anyone ever have this

**Labels Added**

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Forgot WiFi Password

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

1. The password you use for the WiFi app is the MyRogers password, not the WiFi Password.

2. The password is shown in the WifFi app, after clicking network details or something similar.

3. The original password for the modem/gateway is usually located on the back or the bottom of the modem/gateway, although this was probably changed by the installer.  

Nash1111
I've been here awhile
I tried the app but trying to log into app it asks for wifi password not my Rogers password

Nash1111
I've been here awhile
In the Rogers app it starts with cusadmin and then wants password and not Rogers but wifi which I don't know

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Nash1111 wrote:
I tried the app but trying to log into app it asks for wifi password not my Rogers password

That's strange. That's not how it works for me on my iPhone or my iPad, however, that may be because I'm already connected to the WiFi on those devices.  (I have the devices set to remember various SSIDs and automatically log back in to the WiFi location)

Are you sure the Wifi SSID and PW are not on the bottom of the modem/gateway?  What is the make/model of the Modem/Gateway?  

PS. Have you tried "password" as the password?

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Nash1111 If you have an Ignite gateway, the default Username / Password is admin / password

If you have changed the password, you will need to factory-reset your gateway and set it up from scratch.

Or you could call tech support and ask the Customer Service Rep to change the modem's password to a temporary password.  That would allow you to log into the modem and reset the password to one that you prefer.

If you call tech support and have a long line of customers ahead of you, use the callback option.  

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Nash1111 wrote:

I forgot wifi password from when it was installed in January it was the one the installer used and I tried the wifi app but I can't sign in without password so not sure and it's not on the modem like my old one? Anyone ever have this

You are getting a number suggestions but, just to be clear, do you have legacy Rogers Internet (with a Hitron CODA gateway) or Ignite Internet with an (XB6, XB7 or XB8) Ignite Gateway?

Also, which devices or services are you still trying to connect to?  Your modem/gateway's local web admin UI?  Your Wi-Fi network?  MyRogers?  The "Rogers Ignite WiFi Hub" app?

Topic Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation