cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Streaming Apps no longer working with Rogers Ignite.

Sab31
I've been here awhile

We've have Rogers Ignite internet and tv with streaming for the past 5+ years. We have the main Ignite box from Rogers in the basement and then have been using an AppleTV to access apps like CTV, Global, CityTV, etc by using the channel native app and logging in wit our Rogers credentials. 

All of a sudden, we are no longer able to access these apps and only have access to the "free" version. 

Tried contacting Rogers about the issue. One customer service person told me I could only access the channels through the Ignite app (which has not been true up until this point - and Rogers does not have an Ignite for either my Sony Smart TV, nor my AppleTV) and he proceeded to move me into the "customer care" queue where I sat on hold for over 20 mins. 

Second time I chatted back, the rep seemed much more helpful, but still wasn't able to come up with a resolution. Apparently they have some engineers looking into the issue.

Has anyone else had a similar issue lately? Seems there's a few similar ones from a year or so back, but there's no real detail on how Rogers solved the issue. Is it one of those things I need to keep contacting them about until I find the right technician? SO FRUSTRATING!

***Edited Labels***

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Streaming Apps no longer working with Rogers Ignite.

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Sab31, the questions that you have to ask of Rogers are:

1.     "Why is Rogers refusing to authenticate credentials provided by other systems such as Apple TV." 

2.     Is this a technical issue, or is this a permanent change in policy?  If this is a policy change, its way above the

tech level, and I suspect that the techs would have no idea of why or when that decision was made.

I'd send a request to the moderators at @CommunityHelps to provide a reason for the problem, is this a technical issue and if so, when will it be fixed, or, is this a change in policy, forcing Rogers users to only use Rogers provided set top boxes, as in, Rogers is looking for further revenue from its customers, locking out all other types of set top boxes and online tv devices.

@CommunityHelps is the group address for the moderators here on the Rogers Forum.  When you're logged into the forum, follow this link to the @CommunityHelps page.  On that page will be a link on the right hand side to Send a Message.  Follow that link to the message composition page. The address will fill in automatically. Fill in the subject and details, including your account number and when the message is complete, hit Send Message at the bottom.

When you're logged into the forum, look for a number overlaying the envelope symbol at the upper right hand corner.  That will indicate that there's an inbound message for you. Follow that envelope symbol as it serves as a link to the message inbox and outbox.  From the response in the inbox you can then message back and forth as required. There will be an authentication procedure that you will have to complete in order to service any change requests for your account.

To send anyone else on the forum a message, including @communityhelps, hover your mouse over their user name and a popup will appear with a link to send a Private Message. Follow that Private Message link to the message composition page and as before the message addressee will fill in automatically. Fill in the subject and details and hit Send Message when you're ready to send the message.

ritchie3017
I've been around
I'm in the same boat. Trying to use my AppleTV and the CTV app. When I try to use log in using my Rogers account, it says it can't verify my credentials at this time. Straight up I think they just want me to use my Ignite box to watch everything so they're not letting me log in to a Bell Media app. It's been growing for years but looks like I'll be cancelling at some n point soon.

Hi @ritchie3017,

Welcome to the Community!

We do not wish to hinder your watching experience by any means. I wasn't able to replicate your issue on my end. Have you tried to clear the app cache and data? You can also try to log into via the browser to make sure this isn't an account/profile issue.

We can also review the entitlements on your account to make sure everything is in order. Please refer to Datalink's post right above yours to learn how to contact us :). 

RogersZia

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 in conversation