cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recordings on Individual Boxes are a Mess. Information Mostly OK if I Choose - All Devices

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

In addition to the scheduled recording issue reported in the following thread:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Ignite-TV/We-can-t-record-series-from-Global-channel-3/m-p/491...

When I try to look at scheduled and recorded programming on my two boxes (Basement and Office), the recordings are not listed properly. Sometimes I get a message that there are no recordings at all and that I need to look at "all devices", which shows all of the recordings accessible on both boxes.

However, when I try to look at the recordings based on the individual box labels, there is a mess - sometimes showing nothing, sometimes telling me to look at all devices, sometimes showing a couple of scheduled recordings for the wrong box (what should be on Basement is showing on Office), etc.

I have rebooted the Gateway and both boxes to no avail.

***Added Labels***

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Recordings on Individual Boxes are a Mess. Information Mostly OK if I Choose - All Devices

RogersMaude

Good day @57,

Thanks for reporting the issue you encountered with your listed recordings. This surely seems odd. When did it start happening?

Have you tried checking the Ignite TV app to see whether the scheduled recordings were there?

Kindly, let us know if you're still experiencing the issue or if you've gone through any other troubleshooting steps.

Is anybody in the Community experiencing the same problem viewing recordings on Ignite TV set up boxes?

RogersMaude

Re: Recordings on Individual Boxes are a Mess. Information Mostly OK if I Choose - All Devices

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Here are my responses to your questions:

1. It started happening yesterday or Saturday.

2. I rebooted the Gateway and both boxes yesterday. I rebooted both boxes again today just now.

3. If I look at the scheduled and recorded programming using "all devices" or via the browser, or via the app, it shows all the scheduled and recorded programming properly.

4. If I select "office" or "basement" in either STB, I do not see the scheduled or recorded programming properly. I see only one or two scheduled or recorded programmes when I select Office or Basement.

5. If I select "all devices" on either of the STBs.  I see all 64 of my scheduled recordings and all 10 of my recorded programmes.

Thank you for clarifying your points @57.

All recordings are done in single bucket in the Cloud and each device does not have its own storage capacity. Viewing all devices at once is the default setup due to this. Is there a specific reason why you want to be able to see which device you started the recording on? 

If we're going to be providing feedback with regards to this feature, I'd like to be incredibly specific with regards to the use case.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

1. It was working properly for several days.  I could look at the recordings set in one STB or the other STB.  It only went wonky on the weekend

2. You do have the option of setting the device name, so why shouldn't it work

3. The reason I want this to work properly is because I have my set of scheduled recordings and my wife has hers.  She doesn't want to see (scroll through) all of  mine in the list when she's on her TV (Office STB).  And I don't wish to see  (scroll through) all her recordings when I'm in my Home Theatre (Basement STB)

4. I realize that if I set (or view) recordings via the app or browser or "all device" setting in the STB, they are "all device" recordings. 

5. I also realize that the recordings are in the cloud, but I'm assuming there is a "tag" associating those recordings to one or other named device since it worked for several days.

6. I should be able to see whichever subset of recordings I want on any STB.  Why else have names for the various devices?

7. One other weird thing is that the listing has not been consistent if I choose "Office" for  example. Sometimes I'll see 1-2 recordings. Sometimes I'll get a message that there are no recordings and I should use the "All Device" setting.

The use case I have, that so far is making me resistant to convert to Ignite, is that I record all kinds of stuff I like on the basement PVR, and my wife records all kinds of junk, oops I mean stuff she likes, on the family room PVR. I want to be able to separate them so I don't have to wade through all her "stuff" to find my recordings. 

Is this possible on Ignite or not?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@elgordo99 wrote: Is this possible on Ignite or not?

I believe the answer to this is a qualified yes.  Let me explain.

I encountered this problem a couple of months ago, but have not encountered it since then as long as...

1. We set and maintain the recordings on each box.  What I mean by this is if you set a recording on one box, but then modify it on another (for example switching a single recording to series, or perhaps modify the times, etc), the recordings may then only be accessible on "all devices" instead of showing up in each device listing.

2. I believe if you set the recording via the IgniteTV app, you again need to go to "all devices" to see those recordings.

3. If there are any issues with these being listed separately (for whatever reason), you can go to "all devices" to see that "problem recording."

4. On the IgniteTV app you see the recordings and scheduled recordings for "all devices".

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation