cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-existing Acorn tv subscription

dcdanko
I plan to stick around

I already have an Acorn tv subscription.  I cannot find a way of logging in to my Acorn TV account in Ignite.  The app just wants me to subscribe through Rogers.  Can I not use the built-in app instead of casting from my iPad?

**Labels Added**

dariad
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Pre-existing Acorn tv subscription

RogersYasmine

Greetings @dcdanko and thanks for joining us in the community!

Regretfully, it looks like you'd need to be subscribed to this service through Rogers in order to view it directly through Ignite TV. So sorry for any disappointment this may cause. If anything changes in the future, we'll be sure to let the community know. 🙂

Kind regards,

RogersYasmine

Re: Pre-existing Acorn tv subscription

DAJ3
I plan to stick around

I find this quite unacceptable. Sorry, but I get to pay a cheaper 1-year rate and can watch Acorn on my desktop. As far as I can see, there is no option when subscribing via Rogers to get the cheaper rate. And I can no longer watch on my desktop unless I want to pay for two subscriptions.

I fear moving to Roku devices on my TVs will be the only option that makes fiscal sense.

My suspicion is that Rogers is charging Acorn (and other services) a fee for handling the billing. I did not have to deal with this with other streaming services like Netflix, Disney+ and Prime. I don't see why I Acorn would be any different.

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation