cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to choose a TV that works with Ignite?

ALDO2
I've been around

I am just going to install Rogers ignate next week replacing an old cable system that works fine for the last 20 years. I read the forum and noticed that Ignate has problems with some type of TV like: Samsung, amazon Fire, and several others. I am in the process of replacing 2 of my 3 TVs and I would like to know what are the makes that can run without hitch with Rogers. We only watch TV programs, but we don't use the TVs has a "laptop". or for games. I could'nt find any info in the Internet. Anybody has bought a recent TV ( one year old) which is still working fine? Any help will be appreciated.  Thank you.

Aldo2

*** Edited Labels ***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: How to choose a TV that works with Ignite?

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor

I don't see how you figure samsung do not work. if you are talking using ignite stb then any flat screen tv with hdmi connection work perfectly.
I have a 3 year old samsung 55" smart 4k, Panasonic 42" 1080p 10 year old plasma and a 32" insignia 1080p. All connect with xi6 stb.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor

I don't see how you figure samsung do not work. if you are talking using ignite stb then any flat screen tv with hdmi connection work perfectly.
I have a 3 year old samsung 55" smart 4k, Panasonic 42" 1080p 10 year old plasma and a 32" insignia 1080p. All connect with xi6 stb.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Agreed. Any TV with an HDMI input should work just fine with an IgniteTV set top box. If you're talking about using an app on the TV, IgniteTV doesn't yet allow for that, so you need a set top box for each TV, or a phone, tablet or computer to "cast" to a TV either with a Chromecast device connected to the TV, or via HDMI from the computer.

Some TVs with Chromecast have worked with a phone or tablet, but that's not guaranteed.

https://www.rogers.com/support/tv/using-the-ignite-tv-app

https://www.rogers.com/support/tv/ignite-tv-app-and-browser-requirements

Babylegs1
I plan to stick around

-I have 4 tv's in my home and they were all bought in the early 2000's

my oldet one is a Samsung bought 2007

Ignite tv works perfectly on all of them. You just need to have an HDMI tv

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I concur, I have family with ignite and a samsung flatscreen tv and it works just fine

I have a Samsung UN60KU6290F and the screen looks blue with Rogers Ignite.
YouTube video off the tv itself looks fine.
Rogers replaced the box and HDMI cables, still the same. Wish I could go back to my coax cable.

@1979specialx That is indeed very strange, especially after trying a different box and HDMI cable.  Here are some more things to try.

1. A different HDMI input on the back of the TV, even if you already tried that.

2. A different video output resolution in the Rogers box.  Try 720P, 1080i, etc. (Rogers, Settings, Device Settings, Video Display, Video Output resolutions.)

3. Try unplugging and replugging the HDMI cable a few times to ensure you have a good contact.

4. Do you have any other device that you can connect via HDMI like a DVD player, etc to test?

5. Can you post a picture here?  Is the screen just totally blue, or does it have a blue tinge. Did you look at the TV's video settings for that input?  Try a different video/picture setting like Standard or Expert or any other one to see if the blue is on those too?

jays77
I'm a trusted contributor

We have an 10+yr. old Samsung TV and it works just fine with ignite.  Like you we just watch TV programs.

Polarbeer
I've been around
Considering Rogers competitors allow customers to put their app on a fire stick or smart tv, i would say Rogers is well behind the times. Im in a similar situation, with a provider for 20 years, signed up to try rogers and will likely be cancelling based on this. I have 7 tv’s in the house and will not be “renting” 7 boxes
Topic Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 8 in conversation