cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dolby Atmos issues with Disney and Amazon

johnnybravo123
I'm here a lot

Anyone else having issues with Ignite not outputting Atmos when using Disney Plus or Amazon Prime will only do 5.1, however Atmos works fine with Netflix and Apple TV. Tried troubleshooting with support, but they said they couldn't find a cause. Not sure why it works with 2 out of 4 apps!?

**Labels Added**

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Dolby Atmos issues with Disney and Amazon

Further update. I activated the no-ads on Amazon Prime and both Atmos and Vision works through the ignite box. So only Disney+ has an Atmos issue through ignite only. Not sure what that issue is, but as previously stated, will just use the TV app, which allows both Dolby Vison and Atmos.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

RogersJermaine

Hi @johnnybravo123,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums, and thank you for your post! When was the last time you noticed that the sound output for Disney+ and Amazon Prime was not working in Dolby Atmos?

I know that for Disney, not all content is available in Dolby Atmos, and it also depends on which tier plan you have.

Disney+ Standard with Ads: up to 5.1

Disney+ Standard: up to 5.1

Disney+ Premium: up to Dolby Atmos

*With Disney+ Standard and Disney+ Standard with Ads plans, content will stream in up to 5.1 audio, ...

Like Disney, for Amazon Prime, not all content is available in Dolby Atmos, and you would need to check for the Dolby Atmos badge on the title pages of the show or movie you are looking to watch.

Let us know if this information helps!

Thank you!

RogersJermaine

Thanks for the reply Jermaine. Yes, I am aware that not all content has Dolby Atmos as an option, which is the same for all platforms, including Apple and Netflix. So I am only referring to the issue when playing programming which shows it's available. I also have Disney premium, which provides the use of Atmos, again on newer titles that have that available.

As for when the problem started, when I got a new receiver that could use Dolby Atmos, at Christmas.

I just don't understand why it works with apple tv+ and Netflix but not amazon and Disney, on titles showing Atmos is available. Both Disney and Amazon say that you simply need to pick a title that had Atmos and have a receiver that can decode Atmos, which I have. So it seems that Rogers ignite box is not configured to allow it to pass through, for some reason.

Thank you for the updated information. That is strange that it is working for the other two apps you mentioned but not on Disney+ or Amazon Prime.

Can you try adjusting the audio settings on the Ignite Entertainment box by going into the
Settings menu, select Device Settings, Select Audio, and select HDMI Audio Output.
Try switching it to Expert Mode and see if that helps.

There is also an option to do a system refresh for the box, which does help to resolve some issues that users may encounter. You can find the steps on how to complete them in our article here.

Let us know if any of these steps help.

RogersJermaine

Yes, I've tried both expert and auto-detect settings. I've also tried resetting the box, both from the box itself and through the online portal. Still same results of only 2/4 apps working. Like I said, not sure if it's how they've installed the apps or have them configured on the ignite box.

Do you have any other Ignite Entertainment boxes at home? Are you able to replicate the issue on them as well?

If the sound system is only set up on one of them, you can try swapping out one of the other boxes and connecting it to the TV that has the sound system and testing it out. Let us know if the issue still persists with them as well.

Thank you

RogersJermaine

Tried a different ignite box and it has the same issue. If I use the apps directly though my TV, it works properly, so definitely a setting limitation by Rogers.
When looking at the options through ignite, it only shows 5.1 and Dolby Vision, but when I'm directly through the app on my TV, it shows Atmos and Dolby Vision. Not sure if the app on the ignite box needs  to be updated or the settings need to be changed. I guess I will just use the apps on the TV, however was hoping that Ignite would be a nice way to have all apps running through one platform instead of switching back and forth.

Well, finally an answer to why Prime isn't working... Amazon made changes and didn't tell anyone! So dirty. So not only issue is with Disney+.
https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2024/02/prime-video-cuts-dolby-vision-atmos-support-from-ad-tier-and...

Further update. I activated the no-ads on Amazon Prime and both Atmos and Vision works through the ignite box. So only Disney+ has an Atmos issue through ignite only. Not sure what that issue is, but as previously stated, will just use the TV app, which allows both Dolby Vison and Atmos.

Topic Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 2 in conversation