cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crave Subscription Just Stops Working

priffault
I've been here awhile

We have Crave with our ignite package. I can see it on my bill but it just decides to stop working and tells me that I need a subscription in order to watch the shows I want to watch. Happen again tonight 4 episodes into a series. Now nothing works. Not the first time

It's dam annoying. Furthermore, if you try to get Rogers support it tells you that you are something like 66 in the queue and I never had to patience to wait until someone is available to support their broken system which I pay for. Anyone know how to fix this themselves. 

***Edited Labels***

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Crave Subscription Just Stops Working

RogersYasmine

Hello @priffault ,

Thanks so for joining us here in the community! 🙂

Having your Crave access conk out on you randomly like that can certainly ruin your TV watching time. That's awful. 😞

May I please clarify, is this issue happening while watching Crave through your Ignite TV box? Or is it happening via the Crave website and/or Crave app?

What happens if you try rebooting your Ignite box and/or streaming device? Any changes?

We look forward to your response!

RogersYasmine

priffault
I've been here awhile

Hi Yasmine

It happens while watching through the ignite box. 

I tried rebooting and power cycling. It did not help. Even had the roger tech do the resets of the box and modem and it did not fix the issue

Tried to go to the Crave website and log in via my Rogers login. It tells me that I do not have a subscription and to contact Rogers. Meanwhile rogers confirms that I have a subscription and I have paid for it a number of times

Had the service since december and this has happen problem 4-5. 

Terrible streaming Service. If I could get HBO some other way I would

Thanks so much for the detailed info @priffault and for sharing what troubleshooting steps have already been tried.  There may be some kind of issue with your subscription entitlements. 

If you can kindly send us a PM @CommunityHelps the next time you are available, we can have a look at a few other things at our end to try and get this resolved. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.

Kind regards,

RogersYasmine

priffault
I've been here awhile

Tried to. the email tool told me I had invalid HTLM that it corrected and to send again. I was not able to. There was no HTML in my message. Could Rogers support get any worse. It's just terrible

Les57
I've been around

After experiencing this same issue two weeks ago, i attempted their online chat as they claim thats supposed to be faster to reach a solution. I waited 1.5 hours just for the chat agent (bot) to tell me to call rogers during business hours. Two weeks later, im finally ready to watch the show which ive been watching on Crave via HBO for years.

Ive been on hold for almost 2 hours now, been transferred between customer service, technical support, and now they claim our issue can only be dealt with by customer service. Alas, two hours later, still on hold and wondering why I’m paying for this Ignite streaming plan when they revoke streaming privileges with no notification whatsoever and no explanation as to why this might have happened. Ive been using crave for years, now its seemingly erased all my watch history/continue watching category, my history (separate tab in the app) now appears to be empty, and I’ve wasted over 3 hours total on this issue and suspect this wont be resolved this evening.

My bills clearly state that I’m paying for the Ignite plus streaming. Its worked for the last 2+ years or so. Now the technical support agent claims that we were never entitled to the streaming….so something is clearly either a) wrong on the back end and theres a major glitch resulting in accepted payments and revoked services or b) fraud is afoot.

I will wait for another 2 hours before getting in touch with others who are having this same issue (easy to find through online communities such as this and reddit). Id love to know how they think I’ve been accessing Crave since they claim I’m not entitled to it.

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 in conversation