cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Channel Stuttering

1_25n
I've been here awhile

I've been having an issue with one channel stuttering constantly. Its CBS and its the only channel that is doing this everyday. It will at time have lines through it as well. I've done all I can on my end to try to stop it but nothing has worked. Why would this be an issue with only one channel? 

*Added Labels*

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Channel Stuttering

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@1_25n wrote:

I've been having an issue with one channel stuttering constantly. Its CBS and its the only channel that is doing this everyday. It will at time have lines through it as well. I've done all I can on my end to try to stop it but nothing has worked. Why would this be an issue with only one channel? 

If the problem only occurs on one channel, reproduces on all of your set-top boxes, and the glitches reproduce in the same place, consistently, when you record the program as well, then that pretty much confirms a problem on Rogers' side.  It is either a problem with the source feed or some other problem that occurs at the time of encoding, before the channel even gets streamed to you.

I would report the problem to tech support.  If the glitches occur frequently, tech support should be able to confirm the problem on their side as well, and escalate the issue to their support teams.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

mebe
I'm a trusted contributor

What CBS affiliate are you having problems with? And is it with a digital legacy box  (or IgniteTV)?

I have a dig legacy 9865 PVR and both the Buffalo and Seattle CBS affiliates (HD and SD Feeds) are perfect (currently showing Soccer game).

Check if both the HD and SD versions of CBS are bad, and then call tech support to see if there were any other complaints in your area (I'm in Toronto).

Channels, or blocks of channels have different frequencies, so although you only have noticed one channel with problems, there could be others that you don't  subscribe to.

Tech support might test your signal and blame your box, or home connection, but if you have IgniteTV, Rogers can send a tech to have a look.

1_25n
I've been here awhile

Thank you for your suggestion. I have ignite TV and have had various issues in the past with the boxes. One had to be replaced on one of the 3 TV's at that time. I am going to contact Rogers to have someone come check out this issue as it hasn't stopped and does happen on more than one channel on "all" tv's.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@1_25n wrote:

If the problem only occurs on one channel, reproduces on all of your set-top boxes, and the glitches reproduce in the same place, consistently, when you record the program as well, then that pretty much confirms a problem on Rogers' side.  It is either a problem with the source feed or some other problem that occurs at the time of encoding, before the channel even gets streamed to you.

I would report the problem to tech support.  If the glitches occur frequently, tech support should be able to confirm the problem on their side as well, and escalate the issue to their support teams.

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation