cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting issues from Bell Aliant

tmosdell
I've been here awhile

June 12, 2023, a rogers installer came and installed my Ignite Home Phone. I am able to make phone calls from my home phone, but incoming calls are not working 100%. Customer service gave me a ticket #, but it has been a few days and I am worried that they will not get my incoming calls working again.

What am I supposed to do?

***Edited Labels***

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Porting issues from Bell Aliant

RogersTony

Hello, @tmosdell 

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

We definitely want to help you get your home phone working properly.

• What is happening when people call your home phone and it is not working? Does the line ring or does it go to voicemail or a busy signal?
  • Is your home phone set connected directly to the back of the Ignite Gateway modem or is it connected to a wall jack?
  • What type of phone set are you using? Corded, cordless or both?

We look forward to reviewing your responses.

RogersTony

tmosdell
I've been here awhile

After making a few phone calls to various people. It now seems like Bell and Bell Aliant incoming calls are now working as expected. Rogers to Rogers (Mobile and Landline) calls always worked from Day 1. Current issue now it seems is that anyone with Telus/Koodo/Public Mobile (Mobile or Landline) is still not able to place a call to my home number. Error 8H1 or HB1 is happening and telling me "This call can not be completed as dialled and to call *611 Client Care for assistance". The installer man, "Backfilled" my connection. So the phone cable is plugged into the back of the Ignite modem, and goes to the jack he installed, but my wireless phone base is installed in another room and jack. My cell provider is Koodo right now and I am unable to place a call to my home phone from my Koodo phone. Do you think I will need assistance from Telus/Koodo/Public to get incoming working again or wait for Rogers to fix it on the back end?

Thank you.

We appreciate your reply @tmosdell ! Thank you for sharing details on your problematic incoming phone calls issue.

Have you tried rebooting your gateway since the "the installer man, "Backfilled" your connection"?

Can you please try to disable "Do Not Disturb" and test the resolution? Dial *79 to disable Do Not Disturb feature and please allow the landline to ring 2-3 times during testing to ensure success.

Is your phone connected directly to the TEL 1 port on the Gateway? Are you able to connect the phone directly to the Gateway?

Looking forward to your reply!

RogersMaude

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation