cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

From ignite to legacy

Kable12321
I've been here awhile

My father was recently diagnosed with Dementia and has had his phone number for over 30 years. He currently has igninte phone (that rogers allowed an unauthorized person set up under his name). Now he is being admitted into a retirement home and the person who called told me that in order to move his number from Ignite to a legacy line, I need to bring in a third party (Bell) so they can port from there. How is this even a thing? He is currently a rogers customer and the home doesn't allow them to bring their own cable or internet service. 

Charmaine told me that he either has to bring everything over or switch to bell first then port over to Rogers. 

Please tell me how to make this happen, he needs to keep his number and this make zero sense. 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: From ignite to legacy

RogersJo

Greetings @Kable12321!

Yikes! We're sorry to hear what transpired with regards to the Ignite Home Phone activation. 😥 I know you mentioned that your father has had the number for over 30 years. Did he request to retain the number with us when he activated the Ignite TV bundle?

As we no longer offer our legacy services, in order to retain the Ignite Home Phone portion, we can opt to cancel the Ignite TV and Ignite internet and keep the Ignite Home Phone which doesn't require an internet connection but still requires the modem.

Was Charmaine from our Moves Concierge Department by chance? The information provided to you is in fact accurate -we are unable to revert back to a legacy line as we do not offer the service(s) any longer. We would have the option to move all the services within the bundle to the retirement home or we woud have to port the number out and then port it back in on a standalone line in the event that he would like to retain the line with us. I'm so sorry about the inconvenience this has caused.

Regards,

RogersJo 

Kable12321
I've been here awhile

Hi there,

Another rep was able to accommodate our request. Keep his number and move him over to the retirement home. IT actually cost us less and they just had to send a technician to hook up his modem so that his phone could be used thru that service. What a nightmare this has been. Charmaine was put on the line thru a QR code I scanned from the retirement home. She was AWFUL to deal with. Talking over me, rude. The next person even called to do a wellness check today. Someone train Charmaine. She even told me she isn't in customer service *eye roll*

Hi @Kable12321

We are elated to hear that! I'm glad we were able to garner some savings. 😊 Moving can be a rather stress inducing time and the last thing we want to do is add to that. My sincere apologies as this experience has been less than ideal. 

Thank you for your feedback. In the event that you were provided with an interaction number with Charmaine, we can ensure it gets back to the appropriate channel. Feel free to send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can gather the details of your conversation. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, you can find out more here.

Regards,

RogersJo 

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation