cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Display - Likely Spam

RyeEncoke
I plan to stick around

Something odd has happened to my call display.  We have a system where people at the door to our building enter our apt number and it dials through to our phone and we can let the person in.  Up til today it gave the name of our apartment as calling.  Today however it is showing as likely spam.

I checked my settings and it does still show the name and number in the Online Manager and Contacts.  So I am not sure what is happening here.

***Edited Labels***

1 REPLY 1

Re: Call Display

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@RyeEncoke : The "likely spam" is added by Rogers to your incoming calls for certain numbers. I assume this has only happened on calls from a certain individual or your building?  That individual or your building may have had the number spoofed and a lot of spam calls were then made from that number.  As soon as Rogers detects many calls from a certain number in a certain period of time, they will flag it as "likely spam."  See link below:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Blog/Spam-Call-Detect-Helping-Our-Customers-Combat-Unwanted-Ca...

If this is specific to an individual, you may advise them. If it's your building, you need to advise your building manager.

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation