cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the Best Ignite flex 20 one can get on new construction

DCG1
I plan to stick around

All I hear is continual hustle and "I can get you a Deal "  Any others share this?

What is the Best Ignite flex 20 one can get?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: What is the Best Ignite flex 20 one can get on new construction

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@DCG1 wrote:

All I hear is continual hustle and "I can get you a Deal "  Any others share this?

What is the Best Ignite flex 20 one can get?

If you are just moving into a new area or building, I would expect that Rogers, Bell and any other incumbent service provider would be offering attractive promotions to new residents.

With Rogers, the best promotions are often area-specific.  A prospective customer that is moving into a residential area in Markham will not be able to get a deal that is targeted at residents of a new condo building in Toronto, or a retentions deal that is targeted to residents of an area where Bell is installing FTTH.  Not all Rogers agents have access to the same codes either.  Rogers may set up a special toll-free number for residents in new construction areas, and the agents in that queue will have access to promotion codes that are not available to the agents that you reach when you call 1-888-ROGERS-1.  Similarly, even if the agent that you are speaking with has access to a great promotion, they may not be able to apply it to an order for your address.

Sometimes, there may not be any promotions available in your area... and if do get find a good deal, act quickly because it could also disappear at any time.

jays77
I'm a trusted contributor
Seems like a pretty unfair customer service system but that's just me. I'm from a generation when companies treated all customers pretty much the same. If a price was advertised it was available to all customers. Mostly the only time you had to haggle over a final price was when shopping for a car.
Ah I miss the days when life seemed to be so much simpler but I guess that's progress and there's no going back.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@jays77  The only players in today's marketplace that offer consistent, no-haggle pricing are the third-party Internet access providers; TPIA's.  Otherwise, the pricing that we currently see is a function of how Bell and Rogers have chosen to compete with each other, attract new customers and retain existing customers.

I think that things actually have been getting better in the Residential services marketplace.  The available deals and promotions from the incumbents are, for the most part, out in the open and we are finally at a point where customers are not being forced into long-term contracts.  In the end, in a competitive market, the only sustainable business model is to provide a good service at fair price, and consumers will select the provider that delivers the best value at the price point that they can afford.

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation