cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

“@“ symbol appearing after sms text

SParent
I've Been Here Awhile

I’ve been texting between several different people, all who are Rogers users and have been experiencing “@“ showing up after a sms text has been received. The receiving party also says that after some of my messages it appears. It doesn’t happen after every message, only some. Anyone else?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: “@“ symbol appearing after sms text

Hello Community!

We appreciate you all posting your concerns and experiences regarding this very bizarre issue with sending SMS.

We have confirmation that a fix was implemented successfully after midnight and we do not have any more reports of this issue happening. If any users in the Community are still experiencing this issue we'll need to escalate a Ticket for further investigation.

Feel free to reach out to any of the usual Channels or send a Private Message to @CommunityHelps so we can take care of this for you.

If you are not familiar with our Private Messaging system please CLICK HERE.

RogersTony

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

RogersTim
Community Manager
Community Manager

Good evening SParent,

Welcome to the Rogers Community and thank you for your first post.

Having an @ symbol show up at the end of your received SMS messages is a mystery. 
We can certainly give you a hand in tracking down what might be going on. First, can you let the Community know what model of phone you have? Also, have you tried to delete one of the conversations where this is happening from your messenger app completely to see if it clears up?

Regards,
RogersTim   

mb78
I've Been Around

I am having the same issue since yesterday morning.

I am using a Samsung S7, Android version 8.0.0 on the Rogers network.

BD_LD
I've Been Here Awhile
I received a messages yesterday with an @ symbol, then after that I was told I was sending them out. It must be some sort of malware or virus. I am not sure how to get rid of it, I deleted the messages but didn't help.

SParent
I've Been Here Awhile
I’ve done the same by deleting messages and still today this is happening. I’m using an iPhone 8

Mphaneuf23
I've Been Around
I've been having the same issue both on incoming and outgoing messages for the last 24 hours. Only on some messages I send though, not all. I have a Samsung S9

Rara1
I've Been Around

The @ symbol has been appearing at the end of some of my text too I'm told, and I get them on my friends text as well, but not every one. 

This started yesterday.

I have a Iphone xr , they're using a samsung something or other.

lb2068
I've Been Around

I am also getting the same messages with @ symbols, both in my texts and from others. I have an iPhone 7

BD_LD
I've Been Here Awhile
RogersTim,
Seems a few people are having this issue. Do you know what is going on? I received at text yesterday morning with the @ symbol then I started sending it out. I don't think it's exclusive to Rogers because my daughter is not with Rogers and is having the same thing happen. Is there any solution?

RogersTim
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey Community,

Thank you for posting the issue you’re experiencing with SMS and the troubleshooting you’ve already attempted. 

If you haven’t contacted our Wireless Support already, please send us a private message to @CommunityHelps and we can look into it further.

If you are not familiar with our private messaging system please Click Here.

Thanks,

RogersTim

aliberty_
I've Been Around
Is there an update to this? It’s going on day 2 of this issue for me. Thanks!

fatcatdrums
I've Been Around
Same thing here too. This is day 2... Very odd and annoying...

My son and I have both been having the same problem. Suggested fix has not worked. We both have the Google Pixel 3. Please help! Super annoying especially when you are sending a link and that is added to the end of it!

Dawn
I've Been Around

I am having the same problem for the last 2 days too, whoever I text they say I'm sending an @ symbol but I'm not and sometimes at the end of a text message I receive I see the @ symbol also and they don't send it.  I'm with Rogers.

Jgilkes
I've Been Around
Hi there, this is happening to my daughter and now myself as well. This is troubling as I've had 2 people concerned that I'm spreading a virus of some sort, including a work contact! Is there a solution or explanation yet?

Hello Community!

We appreciate you all posting your concerns and experiences regarding this very bizarre issue with sending SMS.

We have confirmation that a fix was implemented successfully after midnight and we do not have any more reports of this issue happening. If any users in the Community are still experiencing this issue we'll need to escalate a Ticket for further investigation.

Feel free to reach out to any of the usual Channels or send a Private Message to @CommunityHelps so we can take care of this for you.

If you are not familiar with our Private Messaging system please CLICK HERE.

RogersTony

Topic Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 13 in conversation