cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eSIM for Galaxy Watch

cafekief
I'm an Enthusiast

I know theres another post about this but Rogers now supports the esim on iPhones tho what about the Samsung galaxy watch?

***Edited Labels***

25 REPLIES 25

Re: eSIM for Galaxy Watch

RogersZia

Hi @cafekief,

As always your enthusiasm for the latest in tech is much appreciated. 

Stay tuned to rogers.com for any new changes or announcements.

RogersZia

kavkaz
I Plan to Stick Around
Can you just tell us if this is ever going to be supported? By the time you implement it the watch will be outdated..

nasa25
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@kavkaz no one is going to know the answer to that outside of maybe a few high level Rogers employees

you pretty much just have to wait for them to announce something or buy an iPhone/Apple Watch that is supported.  

claven2
I Plan to Stick Around

Or how about he switches to literally ANY other major carrier like Bell or Telus, who now all support e-Sim on the Galaxy watch (and others).  

Nobody asking about hooking up their mainstream wearable wants you to tell them to buy and apple watch that only works with an iphone.  Nobody.  

#condescending

How bout you listen to your customers and flip on e-sim for other watches? e-sim is e-sim, no valid reason not to support it.  

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @claven2

I guess you failed to read th signature on his post which says that says " not a Rogers employee"..

He is a user just like you and I which can post are own comments on topics. He is giving his own opinion on what's happening and right now Apple watch is the only option with Rogers.

You are more then welcome to contact Rogers head office with the Office of the President and express your feelings towards them not getting the Samsung watch. Many have done this.

claven2
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for pointing out he's not with Rogers, I had not noticed that.

That said, it's still not what I would call helpful if someone comes here saying they want (or have?) a samsung LTE watch costing over $500 and the suggested help is that they spend hundreds more on a second wearable from another manufacturer.  

I would also suggest to you, privately e-mail the president of Rogers is just one voice they can ignore.  Publicly posting that they are dropping the ball carries more weight (in my opinion) because others will see the correspondence.  I think a post here would sway them more than an easy to ignore e-mail.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @claven2

This is a public forum which yes sometimes you may not like what they have to reply with. To bring up the iPhone and the Apple watch in a Samsung watch thread is not right as i agree as its not helping but the user tried to help with what he could. We all come to help and give advise. So instead of attacking the user for giving his input, we can either A) ignore it OR B) we can simply tell the user that this is about a Samsung watch and not about a iPhone or Apple watch. That's all :).

A family member of mine has contacted the OOP. However I wont as i don't see a need to as i won't be buying the watch on LTE as i have another smart watch.

I do however invite everyone to do so, that way they can see many are actually wanting this device.

nasa25

@claven2 lol just trying to help man.

Pointing out what Rogers does offer. I want them to support all devices as much as the next guy.  I'm sure they know tons of people want android watch support.  They'll roll it out in a timeline that aligns with their strategic business plan.  Nothing can be done to speed up that process.  

emmaw1
I've Been Around

nope, not yet. I bought my partner a watch, he's with Rogers, will talk to him about switching to Telus (I'm with them) so he can use his new present 🙂 Of course, if they decide to make a decision soon, I'm sure he'd consider staying with them as a loyal customer...but it doesn't sound like it.

I spent alot of the day today calling Roger's and getting escalated to higher and higher up the Rogers management chain.

In the end I spent over half an hour talking to the Office of the President of Roger's.

Supposedly the very top of Rogers.

I was told that Roger's has made a business decision to not support the Samsung Galaxy Watch.

And worse that they have no plans to support it at any time in the future.

I was on hold for nearly 10 minutes while the Office of the President checked and confirmed with all groups that there is no support planned at all.

(While I was told that they may change their mind at any time, it seems highly unlikely as these things are normally scheduled months in advanced)

This is extreamly discouraging.

When I pointed out that this is making a large number of Roger's customers very upset, I was told that I could complain to the ombudsman (who had no control over business decisions).

I also pointed out that the type of person who buys a 500+ smartwatch is likely to also be spending alot on other Roger's services and that this business decision was likely to be a expensive mistake.

In the end I have decided to move all my business to a different carrier.

Not my preferred choice, but I am left with no choice.

nasa25
@Kevindamen

Sorry to hear that you couldn’t get a positive response on the galaxy watch support issue. What you were told is pretty much in line with my assumption that Galaxy Watch Support just doesn’t align with Rogers strategic business priorities at the current time. I know it’s a tough pill to swallow for those that own a Galaxy Watch and want to use it on the Rogers network.

claven2
I Plan to Stick Around

That's massively disappointing.  I may have to call some other carriers this weekend as well.

kavkaz
I Plan to Stick Around
I am calling bell now to switch. Same way TD lost me when they said nobody wants Google or Samsung pay on Android..

We are into Mid March and still as a Samsung user, i still cant get a Samsung Galaxy Watch LTE. Its very frustrating, and to be honest, before i upgrated my phone with you guys, i should have just went elsewhere. All i see from Rogers employess is STAY TUNED FOR UPDATES. Now with the new S10, S10+ wouldnt it be the best time to have your consumers have the abilty to add accessories like the Samsung Watches on LTE. 

Mae2
I've Been Around

I have this same beef, very frustrating that Rogers is so behind the times compared to Telus and Bell. I definitely won't be renewing.

jkanaris
I Plan to Stick Around

... Let's not forget too that it's not just a question of just switching smart watches (which isn't a charming option to begin with) but smart phones too! You can't use the apple watch on an android device.  I'm not ready to dump my Note 9 to purchase a comparable shiny new iPhone to use with a shiny new Apple Watch. Sheesh!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @jkanaris

I have been able to use my AWS4 with S9+ and received calls and text messages. Just some other features u can't use.

I just kept my iPhone Xs Max and sold my S9+ instead lol.

However yes. They need .to.figure this out.

dgrossi
I've Been Around

I just purchased a Samsung Galaxy Watch LTE and just finding out now that Rogers does not support eSim for Samsung. My own fault for assuming, however how complicated can I be to include this service offering. In 2018 I had a full Rogers offer everything for cellular plans to home services. I have recently moved my home services to a competitor for a similar reason and now Rogers is leaving with this same issue with my cellular and technology offering. I hope this forums and complains reach the people that makes these decisions and can influence a change. 

Today I visited Rogers store to switch my network to Rogers to be able to use my galaxy wats lte version. They said ok and activated my number in Rogers. Then!, while trying to activate my galaxy watch they realized that Rogers actually doesn't support my watch. So I changed my service provider for nothing. Shame

nasa25
Sounds like they finessed you a bit.

Wonder how they wouldn’t know right off the bat that they didn’t support the galaxy watch. They wouldn’t have ever activated one on the Rogers network.
Community Testing Lab

We’ve got an amazing opportunity to test our upcoming Gateway!

Click here to find out more!

Topic Stats