cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VoLTE / WiFi Calling on Unlocked BlackBerry KEY2

EuroPolska00
I've been here awhile

Hello,
I have eagerly been awaiting the BlackBerry KEY2. Although I originally had planned to purchase my device from Rogers, to my disappointment the Silver version is not being offered. I really dislike the all Black unit.

I am now looking at buying the Silver KEY2 unlocked. My concern is that I would like VoLTE and WiFi Calling on my device. I had called your tech support to inquire if an unlocked KEY2 would support these features. I was assured that it will as the device supports it, has updated software, and an LTE Sim.

I've been reading online however that people are saying VoLTE and WiFi Calling will not work on any device I have not purchased directly from Rogers.

Can you clarify if I purchase an unlocked Silver KEY2 if my VoLTE and WiFi Calling will work?

Thank you!

***Edited Labels***

4 REPLIES 4

Re: VoLTE / WiFi Calling on Unlocked BlackBerry KEY2

daniel10
I plan to stick around
You are right any device not purchased directly from Rogers, they lock down and don't let you use VoLTE and wifi calling

EuroPolska00
I've been here awhile
Called Rogers again, now they weren't sure. The tech support told me they don't block unlocked phones from these services. That if they get my IMEI number I might be OK. Said that sometimes unlocked phones work and sometimes they don't.

Can a moderator please chime in? Would an unlocked KEY2 with the same variant for North American frequencies that you sell have functioning VoLTE and WiFi calling?

Hello @EuroPolska00,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I know how important it is to ensure that all of the features of your devices will work on our network before making such a big purchase. 

If a device was purchased outside of Rogers, we cannot guarantee the full performance and service of the device as it has not been tested on our network. One factor is simply because of differences in configuration. While I know this information is not ideal, I hope it is helpful in making a decision on whether or not to purchase this device.

RogersTony

JeromeM
I plan to stick around
From what I've seen of the people who picked up their KEYtwo From Rogers WiFi calling isn't available...........
Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation