cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S2

canucklove
I've Been Here Awhile

I spoke with a Rogers rep and he said that they will not be getting the S2 yet. He said probably not until earliest September, but more likely even later in the year.

Too bad...its an amazing phone, but I've been saving my upgrade for months and months for the S2 only to be disappointed that I have to wait for everyone else to get it first. Smiley Sad

***edited labels***

2,126 REPLIES 2,126

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2

Dave112
I've Been Here Awhile

Hey does any one know which cases will fit the rogers SGS2 when they finally release it , I was thinking since the display is "4.5" unlike the bell S2 which is a  "4.3" display , most of the ones on the market will not  fit

Can someone clarify this for me ????

TravisP
I'm Here A Lot
Finaly "in progress" my wait is almost over!!!! Its only been 3 months no big deal. And my phone has been in usable for 1... But finaly!!!!!! Let's hope it's worth it and good luck to the rest of you!

soondai14
I Plan to Stick Around

i was on 450's on wait list, and the status just changed to "in progress".

i guess this doesn't mean anything since some ppl on waiting list for iphone 4gs are still waiting after their status changed to "in progress" 2 weeks ago.

psmooth
I Plan to Stick Around

i talked to the rep where i will be getting my phone sent and she said that they usually get their new phones delivered between 12-2pm(in vancouver) so she said call back tomorrow and if not they will have it by tuesday.. oh man i hope its tomorrow

barbas
I Plan to Stick Around

Guys @ girls...reguarding  the battery life in a LTE net. this one question is to the happy owners of ths gs2, can you let us know the true about the battery life of the phone? I will like to know before I get in jail......( contract) for 3 years.. thanks.

banjoken
I've Been Around

Guys @ girls...reguarding  the battery life in a LTE net. this one question is to the happy owners of ths gs2, can you let us know the true about the battery life of the phone? I will like to know before I get in jail......( contract) for 3 years.. thanks.

i would like to know as well, also would using 3G instead of LTE save significant battery life?

y2whisper
I Plan to Stick Around

@wilsondavila wrote:

If I buy the S2 outright and go month-by-month, do I qualify for the family plan gift (that will start next week) to receive the GalaxyTab 10.1, since my wife has a 3 year plan already? Is it even worth it? I was planning to get the Asus Transformes Prime quad-core tablet for Xmas for 499 dollars, but with this promotion I'm not sure anymore.

The family plan link, according to mobilesyrup: http://mobilesyrup.com/2011/11/02/rogers-will-give-you-a-free-galaxy-tab-10-1-when-you-sign-up-2-new...

you sure the prime will be $5bills?

philhouse
I Plan to Stick Around

I phoned my local store after hearing that they are shipping the phone out tomorrow, and the guy I talked to had never even heard of the SGS2....not looking good for me to get the phone any time soon...

shortydm11
I Plan to Stick Around
i cant take it!!! too excited i dont want to wait until monday please please please come saturday!

zombiejc
I Plan to Stick Around

@philhouse wrote:

I phoned my local store after hearing that they are shipping the phone out tomorrow, and the guy I talked to had never even heard of the SGS2....not looking good for me to get the phone any time soon...

That doesn't mean anything. I was the first person to get the Raider where I am and sales person said they didn't even know they were gonna be getting it and it wasn't even in there system when she tried to sell it to me. People at the store no absolutely nothing. Rogers is absolutely terrible about giving information to their employees,  that's why this has been such a hassle, if they had sending their employees enternal updates there wouldn't have been all this different information coming from all their employees.

wilsondavila
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm not sure what you mean by $5bills. If by that you mean 500 dollars (five hundred) yes. At least that's the information I got. And looks like it's going to have ICS beginning of December and it will be a anawesome tablet to pair with my SG2 !!!

EDIT: ooops I meant to click quick reply

saadgh
I Plan to Stick Around
This phone is over 7 months old now, we need to know if rogers will have the nexus or not, if there is a release dated or not, or we are going to see the same scenario!!!!!!!!!! As the s2

saadgh
I Plan to Stick Around
Rogers you have to catch up with the technology the new phones in the market now is the nexus or the galaxy note

we need these phones to be available asap, at least to make your customers really happy

saadgh
I Plan to Stick Around
I am not going to buy the phone for 200 + 35 upgrade fee + tax this will be almost 260, I will beyond the nexus for this price not the gs2

Again LTE has nothing to do with me and I am sure no one is interesting on other it is tooooooooooooo expensive

saadgh
I Plan to Stick Around
To fix this problem you have to reduce the price of the gs2 it is tooooooooooooo old bell had this phone in July 2011
You can't sally the biker screen for 200++ bell have theirs for zero dollar
It is almost the same specification if we accept this price means we are acting like apple, the had the new iphone 4s which is the same as the iphone 4 the only upgrade is the camera with tons of brand new problems!!!!!"

y2whisper
I Plan to Stick Around
yes Five hundred dollars, actually four hundred and ninety-nine dollars.

I heard the same last night from another source I hope so as I've been holding out to on getting a tab till it comes out. Thanks for the confirmation.

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread.

Sucks that more than likely I will have to wait till after the weekend to get this device, would prefer to set it up and put it to the test when I don't have work in the way but just got to be a bit more patient.

derickma
I Plan to Stick Around

Well it's friday morning still no change from in progress I'm hoping to get the phone tomorrow.but things usuallt start happening around 10ish

shaggyskunk
I'm a Trusted Contributor

This COULD BE INTERESTING.....IF ACCURATE!   In MOBILESYRUP today, Best Buy has an Ad, suggesting that they willl be offering the SGll LTE, with Bell as the carrier

http://mobilesyrup.com/2011/11/04/samsung-galaxy-sii-lte-coming-soon-to-bell-according-to-best-buy-f...

derickma
I Plan to Stick Around

derickma
I Plan to Stick Around

149 is for the regular Gs2 beside the LTE is just says comming soon

shaggyskunk
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@derickma wrote:

no Bell is going to sell the Gs2 LTE ...soon

http://mobilesyrup.com/2011/11/04/samsung-galaxy-sii-lte-coming-soon-to-bell-according-to-best-buy-f...

Yeah, I went back and edited my comment, but I only removed the price that was on the flyer, relating to the even older version Galaxy Sll.