cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S2

canucklove
I've Been Here Awhile

I spoke with a Rogers rep and he said that they will not be getting the S2 yet. He said probably not until earliest September, but more likely even later in the year.

Too bad...its an amazing phone, but I've been saving my upgrade for months and months for the S2 only to be disappointed that I have to wait for everyone else to get it first. Smiley Sad

***edited labels***

2,126 REPLIES 2,126

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2

shaggyskunk
I'm a Trusted Contributor

I just posted this on the Redboard, under the Razr update....Wonder if they will ban me??

Well!  HOW ABOUT....you fine folks at rogers give the 1,000+ people that have reserved the Galaxy S2 an UPDATE!!!! 

You are falling all over yourselves with the iphone, you have the Razr on the redboard....but NOTHING, NOTHING about the Galaxy S2 LTE...Are we not your customers too??????

Samsung HAS the GS2 LTE in Canada....How come WE, your Customers don't have it?

shortydm11
I Plan to Stick Around

maybe we should all cancel our reservations, it all does seem pretty pointless since it doesnt even guarantee we will get the phone first.

I agree!!!! I'm going to cancel my reservation. I'm number 300... something. It would be great if we all boycott the GS2 and cancel the reservations. Maybe then Rogers will do something!!! NOT!!!! Besides, new better phones are coming out. Waited this long for the GS2, what's 2 more months?

ssong
I've Been Here Awhile

I canceled my reservation last week. since I believe I will still be able to buy s2 lte off line no problem once rogers really realeses the phone.

who needs reservation?

anyone really thinks he/she won't be able to grab an sII phone without reservation? 🙂

I got my ipad1 through reservation;  when it got released , many of my friends just walked in futureshop and bought theirs on the 1st day morning. I got mine last 4~5 days later. duh!!

villinvr6
I Plan to Stick Around

http://www.mobiledia.com/news/113041.html

Could be a reason why we probably won't be seeing the Galaxy S2 LTE due to patent infringment. I guess that's why they will be releasing the Galaxy Nexus instead.

zombiejc
I Plan to Stick Around

It's funny how I went to a thread about the iphone reserve system and there was moderator response right away. Here we're almost 40 pages in, with a lot of frustration and not one person from Rogers has given any sort of insight, not even some bull response to make us feel better.

zombiejc
I Plan to Stick Around

@villinvr6 wrote:

http://www.mobiledia.com/news/113041.html

Could be a reason why we probably won't be seeing the Galaxy S2 LTE due to patent infringment. I guess that's why they will be releasing the Galaxy Nexus instead.

I highly doubt that's the reason, It was released everywhere else, and the LTE version is suppose to be in the same design as the t-mobile device that doesn't have that physical 'home button' that the bell version has. There's a lot of speculation going around since yesterday and it all seems pretty suspect, to say the least. That's why a simple update on what's holding back this device would be nice, even if it's bad news. If something like this was happening with the iPhone, I could guarantee they would be giving an explanation, the only issue with the iPhone is that they can't get them into their customers hands fast enough.

KG2011
I Plan to Stick Around

The only one to blame here is APPLE and their anti-competitive practices. 

You guys should all cancel your reservations, the Galaxy Nexus is a MUCH better phone anyway, and will probably come first.  No patents infringement allegations to deal with. 

Thank you Apple for robbing customers of choice, or at least attempting to. 

shaggyskunk

Well, I can't say that is a surprise....it's been a few hours since I posted my comment on Redboard....& it is still "awaiting moderation", even though there are comments showing since I made mine.

how is a phone that was just announced yesterday (NexusP) will prolly arrive before a phone that was announced months ago.

my goodness..

just got off the phone with a Rogers Plus guy.. He said they all just got an email saying the S2 LTE will be arriving at the end of November.
I just can't believe how ROGERS is handling this whole affair..

shaggyskunk
Sorry, but "a rogers plus guy"? The speculation abounds...until I see something in writing.....;

jckelly
I Plan to Stick Around

@shaggyskunk wrote:
Sorry, but "a rogers plus guy"? The speculation abounds...until I see something in writing.....;

and even then I'd be skeptical

mbazdell

Well in all honesty, the customer service from Rogers is way more miss than hit. Asking anybody in the store if they know when any hardware will be released is like asking an aisle boy in Canadian Tire if they know the difference between drills. 99% wont know what a drill is. Calling in is always better, 100% of the time, than talking to anybody at the store. That's simply because you can hang up on the person who doesn't know anything and just call back. What do you end up doing at the store? You end up waiting while the guy at the store calls in.

In terms of official announcements made by Rogers, they have never given a date for any LTE device other than the HTC tablet they released. Sadly this has been Rogers MO for the past few years. They release phones months later than everybody else, and usually right after the phone they're releasing, it's successor has been announced.

Finally this is like the 3rd thread started now in regards to this issue.

Dave112
I've Been Here Awhile

can any one tell me which phone is going to be better the Samsung Galaxy S2 or the samsung Galaxy Nexus???

and what is the difference between the Super AMOLED plus display on the Galaxy S2 and the  HD Super AMOLED display on the Galaxy Nexus???

zombiejc
I Plan to Stick Around

@Dave112 wrote:

can any one tell me which phone is going to be better the Samsung Galaxy S2 or the samsung Galaxy Nexus???

and what is the difference between the Super AMOLED plus display on the Galaxy S2 and the  HD Super AMOLED display on the Galaxy Nexus???

The HD AMOLED has a 1280-800 resolution, so it's just a higher resolution and dpi than the plus. The Nexus will be the better phone, depending on what you are looking for, obviously the screen is better and it will also be on ice cream sandwich. The phone is bigger though, and some alrady feel the S2 is already bug for some people.

drummergurl21
I Plan to Stick Around

I bet yesterday as the samsung google event was happening, all the big people at APPLE were sitting around a huge table with popcorn, watching the event and hitting themselves in the face with their own iphones saying " why didnt we think of something THAT smart? WHy did we only release an IPHONE 4SS?"

haha, but i seriously doubt the S2 will not released until the end of november, or even for chistmas. I doubt it as they said on the LTE website, the jetstream would be released Oct 18 (yesterday) and the S2 shortly after....i mean, thats the written proff we need and thats what Im going off on.....

drummergurl21
I Plan to Stick Around

PLUUUS if its true that crapple has the limitation for rogers that they can not sell any other phone besides the iphone, which i believe to be true, then it should only be a matter of time before its actually released. I really think that by the end of october we will see it.

ALSO, AT&T has the phone already, and its been out since like sept. 8th or something like that. and as we all know ROGERS and AT&T are the SAME company....meaning, rogers usually gets the phones AT&T has just a little time later....take the original galaxy.....it was released to rogers a month and a half after on AT&T....the same captivate too........

shaggyskunk

Which phone will be better.....?  At this point, I'd say the phone that we can actually get our hands on!

shaggyskunk

It seems that rogers, did not accept the comment I made on the Redboard....For those of you who may have missed it, here it is again;

"

Well!  HOW ABOUT....you fine folks at rogers give the 1,000+ people that have reserved the Galaxy S2 an UPDATE!!!! 

You are falling all over yourselves with the iphone, you have the Razr on the redboard....but NOTHING, NOTHING about the Galaxy S2 LTE...Are we not your customers too??????

Samsung HAS the GS2 LTE in Canada....How come WE, your Customers don't have it?"

villinvr6
I Plan to Stick Around

excellent comment. I personally believe that if they do end up cancelling the SGS2, we better get the motorola razr or nexus, both phones are sooo good and will totally dominate the phone market. And please do not compare IFAIL 4s here, these droid phones are utmost superior. I've been a berry user forever but when I seen the video of Google+ Messenger, it was the next BBM on steroids lol. I think I found my fix.