cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP address wrong location

jGuru
I've Been Here Awhile

I logged into steam and it said my ip was in mississauga ontario...I also checked what is my ip adtress in google and it also said mississauga ontario......... I live in Saint John NB.

Is there a problem, Should I be worried?

***edited labels***

90 REPLIES 90

Re: IP address wrong location

dozertank
I've Been Here Awhile

having the same isssue.  I'm in Ontario...My IP address is listed in NB.   This is causing a problem with some websites, that are seeing that I'm not in Ontario.   I won't be changing my modem as suggested, because that is just ridiculous.  Somehow my IP address was changed in the background, so it needs to be changed back in the background...just need someone who knows how to do it

Another member suggested that while at home, I open all apps on my devices that use GPS, which I did. The problem was fixed in a couple of days.

dozertank
I've Been Here Awhile

thought I found a quick way to fix this....ipconfig/release and then ipconfig/renew     see  https://helpdeskgeek.com/networking/release-and-renew-an-ip-address/

now when I do it speed test, it shows me picked up by a local server, but when I go to whatsmyip and search it, it says I'm in the wrong province....my GPS is constantly on.....so frustrated

nandm
I've Been Here Awhile
Same here!

PCguru
I've Been Around

ontariojeff
I've Been Around

My situation...,

I play pokerstars for real money.

on two occasions the past week, pokerstars kicked me out while in the middle of a game , message was we don't allow real money games in your area! (canada does allow real money games however the USA does not).

After checking my IP location, the first time it was Jacksonville Florida, now today it says I am in Texas!!

I have been kicked out of two tournament games ($100)

SBrowne
I Plan to Stick Around

For some reason the assigned IP from my router thinks were in a different country and is hiding shows in Canada on netflix.  

We Want Your Opinion
Would you be interested in becoming a Community Testing Lab member?
Topic Stats