cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Play / Carrier Billing Declined

stephen
I'm Here A Lot

I set up Carrier Billing a while back, and until recently have had no problems.  I have a free version of an app that I'm trying to upgrade & charge to my bill from my mobile device (connected via LTE - NOT on Wifi).

However, I keep getting an error message saying that my method of payment has been declined.  My account is in good standing (paid via automatic bank withdrawal every month), so there should be no reason for it to be declined.  Does anyone know of any policy changes in the last few months that might affect this?

Should I delete the carrier billing option and set it up again?  That's the one thing I haven't tried yet.

Thanks! 🙂

***Edited Labels.***

37 REPLIES 37

Re: Google Play / Carrier Billing Declined

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Moojo

Honestly this is something you should ask a manager. You won't get the information on here unfortunately. Maybe it's due to their system or something. Who knows.

You also have to remember not many use this feature and also if nothing has been reported, the reps and techs won't know much on what's going on.

After many weeks of a run-around with Rogers.I called a third billing number (BOKU) which are the ones that support facebook & Google payment methods.....they (BOKU) told me that rogers does not support prepaid account billing for games. EG-On facebook if someone is playing say, some farm game and they want to purchase a decoration or other item for that game, they click on purchase so much farm cash for so much REAL money and then they will ask which payment method you want to use. On facebook they have it set up the same as google.You can pay via Credit Card or Paypal or use your cell phone account.NOW..I use to do this through my prepaid account.They would (facebook) would text me a link and ask if I still want to make this purchase and I send a reply in the form they ask..in this case it is just sending the letter Y. Once they recieve the text 'Y', it is then verified through facebooks 3rd party (BOKU) for mobile and the item you purchased is deposited into the game you are playing.
Now since they ( BOKU) told me that rogers doesnt support this type of payment any longer, I gave up and went to Telus.
I dont like using credit cards and I prefer not to use paypal neither.So Carrier Billing or Mobile BIlling was the only other good option I had.
Simple and the thing is Rogers didnt understand any of this.Not ONE person I spoke to there understood me. And this use to be allowed once upon a time. So tell me why Rogers employees , ALL OF THEM, INCLUDING TECH SUPPORT, had no clue as to what carrier billing or Direct carrier billing meant when they had it in their system for years????

kelvin123
I've Been Here Awhile

No more mobile billing?

Is that carrier billing no more available for pre-paid subscribers?

Hi @kelvin123

Thank you for posting on the Community Forums! Smiley Happy

What application are you trying to make a purchase from? Have you verified your top up balance for the purchase?

@RogersPrasana

kelvin123
I've Been Here Awhile

My account balance is enough to pay, but whenever I try to make a purchase inside the games or via google play from my cellphone, it pops up a message 

"Payment unsuccessful.  Message from your mobile service provider. Charge not applied.  Carrier billing unavailable for pre-paid subscribers"

It worked for me many times before.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @kelvin123

Have you figured out a way to fix this issue?

Rogers does not support 3rd party billing anymore or direct billing.

Found that out months ago.

You want to use your phone to play google game apps and make in game purchases with your cell , forget it. Telus is the only one that I know of that still supports 3rd party billing.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Mojoo2

Weird i was able to purchase some stuff for the Pokemon game in game purchase and added it on my Rogers Bill.. Been able to do it for Bejeweled and another game as well. I wonder how come some can't but some can. As you can see below, from My Rogers and Google account i am able to still get it.

image.png

image 2.png

Yes I was having same issue in some of my games and what I found out that some games and apps with in app purchases that the games or apps set a block if you bill to much. But after your bill is payed it usually does let you do

Bcsc
I Plan to Stick Around
A factory reset is about the most worthless option available. This is a billing problem, either serverside with Rogers or Google. Wiping a phone would in no way imaginable solve this issue. Even if it was remotely feasible, simple clearing the cache and data of the Play Store and Play Services app would in most cases do enough to fix this type of problem. You should stop advising people to wipe their devices when it is not necessary and can cause loss while fixing absolutely nothing.
And BTW, ripping YouTube videos to MP3 is against their terms of service and is copyright infringement.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Bcsc

If you have read my posts, in only one post I suggested doing that and it was 3.5 years ago of that reply. Second i actually said in a couple posts ( if u missed on reading them) that there might be a code or something with the account causing this. Again reading the whole thread would be best before making any comments toward others that are being helpful! 🙂

Third. This has NOTHING to do with YouTube or the bookmarks I have. Please stay on topic! 🙂

Brandonsv604
I've Been Around
Ok so my billing cycle resets on the 8th and my limit was reached on my google pay which is 100$ its supose to reset on ur billing day but mine has still not reset an I can not make any purchases can someone please tell me why this is happening an also how to fix it Haha

Good morning @Brandonsv604,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for your post :).

Is the billing limit reset since you posted? Are you experiencing problems with in-app purchases on a specific app or more than one app? How is your billing set up?

Just need a little bit more info to assist you further.

RogersZia

My billing cycle reset on the 12th, but I am unable to make in app purchases.

Hello @Hikushiru,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for your post.

Can you please provide a bit more info about the issue you're experiencing? Are you getting an error message when you try to make in-app purchases? When was the last time you were able to complete in-app purchases on your current device?

RogersZia

I thought they were getting rid of Carrier Billing? no?

Greetings and welcome to our Community @Hikushiru!

If you had carrier billing setup and it suddenly stopped working, we will need to take a good look at your account to figure out what's going on. I can definitely help with that.

Please PM us @CommunityHelps for billing assistance. If you're not familiar with our PMing process, you can find instructions here.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Community Testing Lab

We’ve got an amazing opportunity to test our upcoming Gateway!

Click here to find out more!

Topic Stats