I set up Carrier Billing a while back, and until recently have had no problems. I have a free version of an app that I'm trying to upgrade & charge to my bill from my mobile device (connected via LTE - NOT on Wifi).
However, I keep getting an error message saying that my method of payment has been declined. My account is in good standing (paid via automatic bank withdrawal every month), so there should be no reason for it to be declined. Does anyone know of any policy changes in the last few months that might affect this?
Should I delete the carrier billing option and set it up again? That's the one thing I haven't tried yet.
Solved! Solved! Go to Solution.
I have been a devoted Android user for numerous years and last year when Rogers added carrier billing for Google play in app purchases and paying for apps I was over the moon...
I have used this method at least once a week if not more over the year but yesterday I noticed that when I try to pick Rogers carrier billing to make a purchase it says Device is not Provisioned for carrier billing
I have never had an issue and trust me my wallet can attest to that
I'd reccomend you call rogers - you may have a premium text message block on the account or a similar block that might prevent you from accepting these charges. Outside of that make sure your account is not suspended or more than a little past due. Also depending on what you've done with other apps you may not be able to use the service at the moment - dont quote me on this but I believe Rogers caps carrier billing to ~100 dollars a month.
Bottom line is, call in to Rogers or do their live chat to see whats up.
I just started having the same problem. Called Rogers tech support and have to wait until Monday to see if they can resolve the issue.
Google Play has stated that they see the purchases and them being declined and the same was with Facebook as well.
Both suggested contacting the carrier ( Rogers) and check to make sure they dont have a block on my cell number.
I'm thinking I may go with Telus very soon. 😉
It may be a glitch but its taking Rogers Tech ((experts??))) a long time to fix the glitch.
I just spoke to a Telus rep and they havent been having no such problem.I may be going to them for service since 3 Rogers reps I spoke to today didnt understand what I was talking about and hung up on me. So much for respect for Rogers customers.I call that ignorance on their part.
I think its code. For direct carrier billing I have read online that there is third party codes that are sent out during purchases with cell phones.Especially on Google Play and Facebook.
If in fact there is some kind of coding that is taking place its obviously not being done correctly by the carriers.Everybody gets a piece of the pie so to speak.If you purchase a game or movie from google play and use your cell account to pay for it, they all get a percentage...the carrier,google/facebook and the developer of said app or the movie per say.
Its all about money.
UPDATE: I went out and bought myself a Telus sim card and set up a prepaid account with them this past weekend.
Once all that was completed ( using the same cell phone) I tried to make a purchase on Google Play AND Facebook. BOTH worked perfectly.There was no issues with Telus's Direct Carrier Billing at all.
With that said. I decided today to try my account with Rogers.So I took my Telus sim card out and put my Rogers sim card back in.Tried to make an in game purchase on facebook and got the same bloody error. Does not work yet this is what facebook gave me about that.