cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer loyalty but Rogers loyalty?

Josh_
I'm Here A Lot

Hello,

I would like to first start this off first by saying that I have been a Rogers Wireless customer since 2002'ish and have never jumped ship, despite the questionable service I have received in the past.  Every time I have to deal with addressing my account on any subject matter, I generally do not feel the love yet I keep by coming back for more

Previously I had a special discount applied to my account because of my employer, however since I am no longer employed by this company as soon as I make a change I loose this discount, which I totally understand and accept.  I went into a Rogers store and inquired about changing my phone.  The CSR advised that nothing can be done to my account unless I contact Rogers support and update my plan.  I contacted Rogers support and Rogers support was less than helpful with providing anything remotely close plan and the "best" they could do was not even in the same ballpark.  Despite having a 17 year relationship with Rogers, they would not meet me in the middle.

Online, brand new customers to Rogers receive far better deals, even to what I was discounted prior, and yet veteran customers are treated like garbage essentially.  Its like Rogers wants to loose your business.   So where is Rogers loyalty to their customers?  I can (and am) switching to either Telus or Bell (Since Fido is a subsidiary of Rogers), and will have a far better plan that what I am currently receiving.  I will just have to endure some inconvenience to port out my number to another company, but a $50 savings per month ($600/year) I would say is worth it.

These conglomerate businesses do not value their existing customers, so why should the customers stick with them.  Why not just change companies every few years?  Rogers has no loyalty, why should we.

***Edited Labels***

87 REPLIES 87

Re: Customer loyalty but Rogers loyalty?

Toolman907
I've Been Around

I have been with rogers for over 15 years.
Last year I was offered 25 percent of my cell phone plan for a long as I don't change my plan. This was noted on the account. Even the retention department seen this and still admit it was a mistake but won't honor it.
They tried numerous times to make me change my plan.
The worst thing is I was on the phone for 3 hours and twice they dissconnected me.

Can you believe this

Hello @Toolman907,

We appreciate you sharing your concerns here in the forums and congrats on your very first post! We hope you've been doing well and keeping safe! 😊

Fifteen years is definitely a long time to be with a company and we genuinely appreciate your loyalty!! I'm disappointed to hear that you've had a negative experience with us regarding your latest promotion.

Typically, when we offer some sort of discount, it is only for a limited amount of time. For our plans, you can normally remain on the same plan unless you make a change to your services that no longer make you eligible to continue with it (e.g. hardware upgrade).

With that being said, we certainly want to investigate this matter further to see which plan and promotion you are on so we can determine where to go from here. We'll do our utmost to find a workable solution for your needs!

Kind regards,

RogersLaura

w0s9w301
I'm Here A Lot

I would like to first start this off first by saying that I have been a Rogers Wireless customer since 1988'ish and have never jumped ship, despite the questionable service I have received in the past.  Every time I have to deal with addressing my account on any subject matter, I generally do not feel the love yet I keep by coming back for more.

Today my friend tells me he got a plan offer 

$50 for 15 GB with unlimited Canada wide calling, enhanced voicemail, etc...
- $300 bill credit
- ZTE tablet ($7.50/month with $7.50/month credit) -> still need to pay taxes on the $7.50
- 2 GB of data for the tablet ($10/month with $10/month credit)

In addition, I just got the iPhone 11 pro 64gb for an additional $47/month with a $20/month credit

so i decided make a call try to see if i can get the same offer. The answer is not able to offer the same deal.

These conglomerate businesses do not value their existing customers, so why should the customers stick with them.  Why not just change companies every few years?  Rogers has no loyalty, why should we.

Hello @w0s9w301,

We appreciate your post! Hopefully, you've been keeping safe and well despite the current situation we are all facing!

To begin, I do want to say that we absolutely value your business over the years and your loyalty to our brand means a lot to us. It's unfortunate that your recent experience wasn't the best as we always strive to have a positive interaction with our customers each and every time.

With that being said, and I'm sure you may have heard this before, offers and promotions do come and go pretty often and there can be different factors which determine your eligibility for a specific promotion. For instance, some offers may only be targeted to certain areas or are only available through a specific avenue (Rogers retail store, self-serve online, over the phone, etc.).

We'd certainly like to have another look into your account to ensure we've exhausted all possible opportunities for savings. If you have some time, please send us a Private Message @CommunityHelps so we can assist further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.

Thank you kindly!

RogersLaura

piyush010
I've Been Around
Bell gave cheap plan and hi fiber spped do you have somethinv to do

Dialup2017
I've Been Here Awhile

I have been with Rogers for over 20 years. Sadly they no longer care about loyalty or give discounts for bundles.  They offered me "low low discounted price" with same internet and same home phone  less channels than I had with Premier Package (as it changed October 1st and I lost a ton of channels but price is the same) for more money than I currently pay but only for a limited time. Then I have to call back again and deal with 12+ people again in another 8 months.  Wondering what other people use for all three services. Do you have different companies for each service and what do you recommend. Sadly Rogers said they cant match what I currently have and now I will have less Cable for more money so looking at other services providers with hopefully better service.  They said they can only lock a price in for a limited time you can no longer get a package for same price for 2 years anymore.  Just wondering if others are going through same thing. I just want my Cable, home phone and internet to be the same price, each month so there are no $397 bill then i get a $800 bill for same service just your "promotion ended".

Dimitrios96
I've Been Here Awhile

i was 25 years with rogers and they let me go because i don't agree to pay the new charges they ad on my plan

Thank you for reply.  Called retention nothing solve, was offered even higher.  Finally done with Rogers after 32 years. I am happy with Telus BYOD plan $45/25GB Unlimited.

Be happy look elsewhere get your service.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

For sure, Rogers is not the only game in town. Even though I had a grandfathered VIP cable plan with hundreds of channels, once the cost went over $100 a month this year, I dumped Rogers Cable and signed up with my ISP for IPTV, where I could choose the channels I wanted that I didn't have with Rogers, at an equivalent cost. Lots of advantages, like an infinite number if simultaneous recordings, compared to the SARA I had, and the ability to play programs I missed up to 24  hours before, which Ignite does not even have. I did look into Ignite, but it would have been twice the price and I would have had to migrate to Rogers for my ISP and email. Its a competitive market. You owe nothing tom Rogers. Shop around. I now only have a Rogers prepaid cellphone, which I don't use a lot, so it's not even worth changing that to save a buck.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@Dimitrios96  Good riddance. It's a competitive market. You have a lot more options.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

Eagle07
I've Been Here Awhile

Yes, it's a competitive market however, you're speaking as if everyone is situated within a metropolis with an abundance of cellular towers. Where I am, there's only Rogers and Telus. They offer the identical plans. Take it or leave it! If you don't like Telus, go to Rogers. If you're not happy with Rogers, go to Telus, but pay exactly the same. All the other companies like Shaw, Fido, Bell Koodo are not quite ready to add their vast networks to everywhere because the market is not there and not enough profit to make it worth the money invested............yet. 

slb260
I Plan to Stick Around

My cable package is grandfathered in as well, and they keep telling me it's going to disappear and then I will have to get Ignite.  If that happens I will go to where I have my internet.  Currently it's cheaper to do them separately.

Simin_2276
I've Been Here Awhile
Rogerscorey

Hi. You wanted to discuss some sort of loyalty program? I'm not sure how to use the rogers chat exactly

Thanks for your reply @Simin_2276!

We try our best to ensure we provide a good customer service experience to all our customers. I hope you were able to speak to someone since you last posted here.

Please remember you can reach out to us via Twitter @RogersHelps or on Facebook.com/Rogers 24/7. You may also get in us via Live Chat as you asked at www.rogers.com/contactus.

To anyone wondering how to send a private message to @CommunityHelpsor if you aren't familiar with our private messaging system, please click here.

Thank you!

RogersMaude

Simin_2276
I've Been Here Awhile
No I still haven't been able to speak to anyone

I just spent over an hour on the phone with customer support and retention, what a complete waste of time! The OP is correct Rogers doesn't care about existing customers. I was charged $45 for a setup fee because their online store was unable to complete my phone upgrade, had to go into a Rogers store to get it completed, I was also charged a cancelation fee which again the store rep neglected to tell me about, and of course the store rep never put notes in the file about waiving the setup fee or the cancelation fee. Now I'm considering moving to Telus, which I know is not much better, but I'm so frustrated with Rogers. We've been a Rogers customer for well over 20 years, but this is the straw that broke the camels back.

Simin_2276
I've Been Here Awhile
I feel your pain. Can't hardly ve vothered to even call and try and have a discussion. With retention department. Waste of time. Bell might even be worse. Had ok experience dealing with telus on my mother's behalf (she is a senior) ... contact the ccts they'll sort it out

lgillespie2
I've Been Around

I have been a Rogers' customer for 35 years. Every year, I battle the company for a fair and reasonable price. Well it's that time again and I dread it. My present promotion ends on March 4th - Rogers wants me to switch to Ignite. If I switch it's more expensive than what I am presently paying. If I don't switch to Ignite, my monthly fee is even more. I guess I will have to finally switch and bite the bullet and go to Bell. Bell is offering an amazing first time customer price for my internet, tv and landline. I really don't want the hassle of switching, but I just can't afford to pay more for the same service.

Rogers, you have given me so much trouble the last few years that maybe it's just time for me to move on. I guess you have enough customers that u don't really need to keep the old customers happy.

Lyne 

Hynes57
I've Been Around
Hi,
This evening my BF from his residence received a call from Rogers asking him to switch from Bell to them. This was a really good deal!, my BF passed the phone to me and I told Rogers I was a Rogers ignite customer for years and I would like the deal they just offered. I guess I caught them off guard but politely said they could NOT make that offer and would transfer me. Someone in Windsor took my call and had no idea how to help me but would put me on hold and find someone who could- but after 18 min on hold British Columbia answered and we started all over again. That person after placing me on hold a few times came back and said “Rogers can NOT change your plan” not by one cent due to too many customers working from home during COVID. The difference they are offering new customers is $50 less a month that I am currently paying.
So now I’ll need to take the offer another provider is offering. Waste of my time and Rogers I don’t work from home.
Disappointed Loyal Customer

we shouldn't have to threating to jump ship everyyear. The stress this causes me.to phone and argue i just want to keep my same old service for same old price.. don't get me started on how hard "rogers" was hit cause of covid seriously