cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer loyalty but Rogers loyalty?

Josh_
I'm Here A Lot

Hello,

I would like to first start this off first by saying that I have been a Rogers Wireless customer since 2002'ish and have never jumped ship, despite the questionable service I have received in the past.  Every time I have to deal with addressing my account on any subject matter, I generally do not feel the love yet I keep by coming back for more

Previously I had a special discount applied to my account because of my employer, however since I am no longer employed by this company as soon as I make a change I loose this discount, which I totally understand and accept.  I went into a Rogers store and inquired about changing my phone.  The CSR advised that nothing can be done to my account unless I contact Rogers support and update my plan.  I contacted Rogers support and Rogers support was less than helpful with providing anything remotely close plan and the "best" they could do was not even in the same ballpark.  Despite having a 17 year relationship with Rogers, they would not meet me in the middle.

Online, brand new customers to Rogers receive far better deals, even to what I was discounted prior, and yet veteran customers are treated like garbage essentially.  Its like Rogers wants to loose your business.   So where is Rogers loyalty to their customers?  I can (and am) switching to either Telus or Bell (Since Fido is a subsidiary of Rogers), and will have a far better plan that what I am currently receiving.  I will just have to endure some inconvenience to port out my number to another company, but a $50 savings per month ($600/year) I would say is worth it.

These conglomerate businesses do not value their existing customers, so why should the customers stick with them.  Why not just change companies every few years?  Rogers has no loyalty, why should we.

***Edited Labels***

87 REPLIES 87

Re: Customer loyalty but Rogers loyalty?

bob11200
I've Been Around

I've been with Rogers for over 15 years and was disappointed to learn they weren't able/willing to give me a better deal than one of their competition. they won't even honour my current deal and add a new phone. The best they will do is knock $5 a month off the new contract but it will still be over $100 plus tax. I am currently paying $90 month with taxes. It is frustrating to see new customers be able to get better deals that someone who has stayed for so long. I've tried reaching out to customer service and had no success, spoke with retention and no joy there either. I've been happy with Rogers over all and don't necessarily want to leave,however, when I can get a deal at $80 after taxes a month with a new phone why wouldn't I leave? The funny thing is that my wife who is now a former Rogers customer left because she couldn't find a deal to her liking and the day after she canceled her package she got calls every day for a week with better and better offers to stay with Rogers. All of the offers were far better than what she was offered when she was still with Rogers. If anyone has a suggestion on another department I can talk to happy to try it. 

3seats1
I've Been Here Awhile
I have been With Rogers for 29 years. The story is the same as is with all of you. Their limit is a $5 discount. There was a day when I received free upgrades and wrote a custom plan. Rogers Loyalty doesn’t exist anymore. They don’t care. If they did they would be calling us with new offers as a thank you for sticking with them. They won’t see 30 years with my dime.

slb260
I Plan to Stick Around

So we are continuing to research Ignite TV.  I was under the impression, based on speaking to a representative, that it would be "SO MUCH CHEAPER!!" (in their words).  Well, apparently the bundle deals are over and they don't know when a deal might come up again.  We've been customers of Rogers for 35 years or so, but I guess that doesn't help...…  The other question I had was - does anyone know if there is an installation fee?  

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@slb260  What TV plan do you have now? Legacy digital cable? Do you rent or own your boxes?  I've had VIP for over 10 years and been a Rogers cable customer at least 30 years. When Ignite was first announced via private email to members of this board I thought it was some kind special introductory offer and called to inquire. Turns out I would have had to pay more than twice as much a month and for fewer channels than what I was paying and also subscribe to Rogers internet, so absolutely no deal. Also there was the $150 installation fee, which apparently now some people were not being charged, but I can't be certain. But that's all BC (Before COVID) and they won't be coming into your house to install it for maybe another month, depending on the backlog.  Right now I'd sit tight with what you have because you can't change it.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

slb260
I Plan to Stick Around
Yes, legacy digital. The rep told me that digital cable will be disappearing, so at some point I will have to change.

smltwngirl
I've Been Around

All these fees they are charging me so i can pay them a ridiculous amount of money. Bye rogers.

Hey @smltwngirl

Congratulations on your first post with us! 😊 I hope you're staying safe and sound! Thank you for your continued loyalty to us! We'd love for you to stay! 👍 With that said, what fees are you being charged? How about we have a gander at your account to see if we can make things more cost-effective for you? If you are able to send us a Private Message @CommunityHelps that would be much appreciated! For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please Click Here. Looking forward to hearing from you! 

Regards, 

RogersJo 

3seats1
I've Been Here Awhile
Two weeks already and no one from Rogers has made any attempt to contact me.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@3seats1 wrote:
Two weeks already and no one from Rogers has made any attempt to contact me.

And they won't contact you. You need to contact them.  I have found the mods on this forum to be quite helpful.  You can contact them via PM - link below:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Rogers-Community-Forums-Blog/Get-to-know-your-Community-How-To...

You can also contact them in the various ways mentioned in the Contact Us page:

https://www.rogers.com/consumer/support/contactus Click Billing & Payments.

paperclip
I've Been Around

Hi,

I've been a 20 year Rogers customer and have all my services (Home phone, Internet, TV, and wireless) with Rogers. Over the past 3 months during a Covid-19 pandemic, we have had to be pay more than ever before despite having a Rogers bundle. We have the most basic TV plan and the yet we are paying more than their Ignite premier bundle. I tried contacting Rogers customer support with little help. They simply said we cannot switch you over to a cheaper plan even though you are paying more than what you're receiving. Anyone in a similar situation? 

slb260
I Plan to Stick Around

Oh yes - I've been told that the package I currently have has been grandfathered in, and that digital cable will at some point disappear, at which time I will be forced to get the Ignite TV package.  Nothing like leaving us without a choice.  I was told it would be cheaper, but it is, in fact, not cheaper than my current cable/internet costs, which are with two separate companies.  I've been a customer for over 30 years - one would think there would be some sort of bonus for that kind of loyalty.

Hello @paperclip & @slb260, Good Morning!

@paperclip, congratulations on your first post and welcome to the community 😊

I hope both of you are doing well in this difficult situation.

We appreciate your long loyalty to Rogers. I can understand that it has not been an easy journey for us due to this COVID-19 pandemic. If you would like to discuss your options further, please send us a PM so that we can take a look at your account to determine if there are any missed opportunities for further savings. 

Please send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can get started. Not familiar with our private messaging system? No worries, Click Here https://roge.rs/2Yr3vVF.

Regards

RogersNiki

neviln
I've Been Here Awhile

Like many of you after 17+ years with Rogers, I am beyond disappointed by the downward trajectory of their service over the years and their lack of loyalty to a long-time customer. I've always supported the company and have never been one to threaten to leave to save some money with another carrier. Far better options and better prices are offered to customers that have been with Rogers for less than half the time I have (and no these were not "introductory offers to new customers"), and when I make a kind request for a similar offering, I get mocked and personally disrespected by being told (and I quote...) "Oh so you just want a better deal than everyone else gets?". Even then I stayed. Every time I reach out, there are no offers available "at this time", try again in a few months. Well I have exhausted all options now and I asked another carrier what can be offered (I did not even tell them that I was planning to switch from another carrier). What they were able to offer was miles away from what I currently get with Rogers, and it was not just a short-term offer to bait me. When I informed Rogers of everything I've been through and that I'd be willing to stay even if they can offer something similar, they still can't even come close. I've done all I can as a loyal customer, but it has never been reciprocated. I hate to say it, but after all this time I will be leaving.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

In my case, I vowed I would dump Rogers Cable after it exceeded $100. Because I had a grandfathered VIP plan, I knew there was nothing equivalent Rogers could offer for less. In fact, the current TV packages have a whole lot fewer channels for a lot more money.  So I bit the bullet and switched to a service that gave me the channels I needed for less.  In my case it was convenient because it was the same provider that I already had  internet and home phone with, so a no-brainer for me. However, if you have an internet and home phone bundle with Rogers, leaving would be a lot more complicated.

bonnie26
I've Been Here Awhile
I received same treatment. Called as my loyalty discount is ending at end of July. Was told it's not being renewed and they stated my bill will increase by $40. I've been a customer since 1994 - 26 years. However, my friend called and received discount of $55 off internet and cable bundle.

Eagle07
I've Been Here Awhile

I had been on the phone with Rogers for over an hour, 50 mins on hold mind you. I simply asked if there was a better price plan for a customer that has been with the company since 1993 than a new customer walking off the street. They simply said no and have no other options besides what is advertised. A better than $35 dollar Talk and Text plan is all I'm asking, not asking a lot for being with Rogers for almost 30 years! I haven't switched because I do not want to lose my number. 

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@Eagle07 wrote:

A better than $35 dollar Talk and Text plan is all I'm asking, not asking a lot for being with Rogers for almost 30 years! I haven't switched because I do not want to lose my number. 

You do not say what plan you have presently.  Rogers is not your only option (unless you have a bundle including TV, home phone and internet, which makes it more complicated). You don't have to lose your number when switching providers. Check out Seven Eleven Speakout  

Greetings @Eagle07,

Welcome to the community and thank you for your first post! We hope all is well at your end and that you've been keeping safe during this challenging time. 🙂

We certainly appreciate your loyalty and would love to keep you as our valued customer if we can! Please feel free to send us a Private Message @CommunityHelps so we can have another look at your options. Hopefully, we can find something suitable to your needs!

For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.

Kind regards,

RogersLaura

neviln
I've Been Here Awhile

What determines you replying to some customers and not others? Just another case of being ignored by Rogers. If this doesn't prove my point, I don't know what does.

Hello @neviln @

Thanks for your posts.

Sorry about that! Our intention is to tag all users who require assistance. Just like in post 54.

We definitely value your loyalty and would love to assist you here.

We'd like to review the account with you. Please send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can locate your information on our file and get started.

If you aren't familiar with our private messaging system please click here.

Cheers

RogersHarry

scottylogan24
I've Been Around

Almost a 20 year customer, and I just cancelled all 3 of my services with Rogers. My bundle was expiring, and the price went up every time I initiated a discussion about renewing it. 

I used to have 4 services with Rogers, but they lost my wireless business almost two years ago; same scenario. A week after I was enjoying the service from my new provider, Rogers calls and "wants me back" - offering a great package, better than I had with the new provider. Too late. Even though it would have saved me money, I didn't switch back to Rogers.

Understanding that a service (and to be honest the service has been good) is being provided, I am more than willing to pay for it - a reasonable price that say a NEW customer would get. Even alternative packages, discussing my Internet needs, seeing if there were other bundles/speeds and talking to me about shuffling plans, etc. - none of that was even attempted. 

It's disappointing to see a company work hard to gain a customer back, rather than work hard to keep them in the first place. Just like with my wireless service, I won't be back.