cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot send/receive calls and text.

vedo7
I'm here a lot

Almost an hour now with no ability to recieve text or calls. Anyone else? What is rogers planning to do for customer that have been affected with this issue?

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Cannot send/recei​ve calls and text.

Hello, @Karandar

I appreciate your detailed post and thank you for your patience. Based on the ticket number, I've run diagnostics on the closest tower which is about 2.9Km from your location. At this moment, I found the network appear to be functioning normally. I do see the techs were working on the phone masts in the past 24 hours and I'm assuming the signal has improved for you. 

If you continue to have poor signal I would suggest using the "Report an Issue" feature in the NetworkAid. Our technical teams will review your feedback to identify and resolve service outages.  Your feedback will also be reviewed by our planning teams to prioritize future network enhancements. 

Thank you for understanding!

RogersMoin

View solution in original post

54 REPLIES 54

Re: Cannot send/receive calls and text.

RogersMaude

Good evening @vedo7,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

We have reports that some customers experienced wireless issues with incoming and outgoing calls for a short time today. We understand the inconvenience and apologize for the disruption.

At this time, we are being notified that the issue is resolved. Thank you for your patience.

Can you please turn off your phone and turn it back on before trying to place another call ?

Let us know if you need further assistance!

RogersMaude

Thanks for your reply, did as you suggested and still cant RECEIVE calls or SMS. I can place calls and sms. Over 3 hours now with nothing from Rogerst support. On the live chat it still states that they are experiancing the issue.

Hello again @vedo7,

We definitely understand the inconveniences caused by the degraded service. Smiley Embarassed

We would like to look into this and provide you with further assistance in regards to this matter ! 

The @CommunityHelps team will have the ability to reach out to you via Private Message.

Look out for the message in your inbox! 

RogersMaude

The Twitter should not say that the problem has been fixed when it clearly hasnt. I run a business and am severly hindered by this outage. Please fix it asap. Please tell the Twitter team to get their facts right before publishing. 

This is ridiculous, since 3:00pm today. With no email notification or any form of communication by Rogers. I have a business account as well. I will be looking for some sort of compensation. Knowing Rogers they won't be the first to offer anything so I will be most likely having to call and so on...

I'm receiving ''who called'' messages and my phone is on and it didn't ring 

Hi Guys

Sorry to hear about the troublesSmiley Sad Could you guys please power cycle(reboot) your device and attempt to make/receive calls/texts again.

If you are still experiencing issues, please let us know so we can have a ticket submitted to our Network Team.

RogersAsif

Still nothing. I really need to be able to recieve calls. How long until this is fixed?

Again, the problem is not with MAKING calls or sms, it is with RECEIVING calls and sms.

RogersAsif
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hello @vedo7 &  @lasummerhayes

Sorry to hear that you are still experiencing issues.  We will need to put in a ticket to our Network Team

You can find our Technical Support contact information here

I have had a member of the @CommunityHelps team reach out to you guys via Private Message so we can assist with this.

RogersAsif

nienie171
I've been here awhile

We've been without service all day (since noon) and still not working. Information on Twitter says it's fixed and it's not. When will this issue be fixed??

This is unbelievable. Yet not ETA on the resolution. Can anyone from Rogers acknowledge that there is a problem. Instead creating "tickets". What exactly is the issue?

Kentan8
I'm here a lot
It's Sunday morning now and it's still not working! Was instructed to switch to GSM only (on network connections) and it worked for awhile but even that doesn't work now. Cannot receive calls or sms at all!!

Kentan8
I'm here a lot
Correction... I meant 'Saturday' morning!

Having the same issues. No problems sending but cannot receive. All phone calls are sent to voicemail and I'm getting notifications on an intermittent basis. 

It's worse when you're working in sales. This is super frustratating, literally loosing thousands of dollars of work. Has been like this since yesterday. Live agent told me to reboot my device and it'll begin working - yeah right.

Nighean
I've been around
Tried restarting my device....still no service.....
Any idea what the issue is???

Good day Community!

We are very sorry that we continue to be experiencing issues with calls and text messages. Smiley Sad

We sincerely apologize and are working to resolve this as soon as possible.

RogersMaude

JordanP88
I've been around
No calls, no text, no data... Was fine up until an hour ago... No I'm stuck using WiFi just to get an answer.. Can't even call in tech support

Worked last night around 11:30 all my msgs came through, that was down time for over 8 hours...today not working again. For the amount of money am paying this is ridiculous for the "CANADIAN MOST RELIABLE NETWORK".

willogee
I've been here awhile
I rebooted and still nothing.
Topic Stats