cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BlackBerry 9800 after January 4th 2022

HailVector
I've been around

Just was told the OS will no longer be updated for my reliable 9800... Will I still be able to talk and text with it here, or a different wireless service provider?

*Added Labels*

2 REPLIES 2

Re: BlackBerry 9800 after January 4th 2022

RogersMoin

Hello, @HailVector.

Welcome to Rogers Community Forums! 😃

Thank you for your query. At the time of BlackBerry decommission, devices running BlackBerry 7.1 OS or earlier software, BlackBerry 10 software, and BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.1 or earlier software will no longer reliably function. These devices will lack the ability to receive over-the-air provisioning updates and their functionality, including data, phone calls, SMS and 9-1-1 functionality will no longer be reliable on any carrier network.

You can check the support article for more info. 

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Re: BlackBerry 9800 after January 4th 2022

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@HailVector wrote:

Just was told the OS will no longer be updated for my reliable 9800... Will I still be able to talk and text with it here, or a different wireless service provider?

You might want to read this as well: https://www.blackberry.com/us/en/support/devices/end-of-life

BlackBerry are the ones who are decommissioning the services that are required for your phone's normal operation, and this will affect customers on all carriers.  At this point, you need to look at migration options and ensure that you have backed up all the data on your 9800.

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 in conversation