cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BB Key 2 Android Pie Upgrade

dominicnba
I've been around

Hi All,

Do you guys know if BB Key2 android OS would get an update for the android Pie?

Thanks,

Dominic

***Edited Labels***

2 REPLIES 2

Re: BB Key 2 Android Pie Upgrade

RogersYasmine

Hello @dominicnba,

Welcome to our Rogers Community Forums! We're happy to have you and hope that you've been keeping safe and well. Congrats on your first post. 🙂

Once we receive confirmation of a new update coming our way, we will post the information in our OS Upgrade Schedule found here. Please also check out our OS Upgrade Process (found in the same thread) to get a better idea of how things are rolled out.

Cheers!

RogersLaura

Re: BB Key 2 Android Pie Upgrade

Hanabi8
I've been around

It was said at first that the Key2 would be getting the Pie update (Android 9), but since then (around 2 years ago), they did not mention it once, and now TCL (the company responsible for Blackberry hardware and Alcatel phones) has given up making the Blackberry phones since last month (July 2020). The Key2 is also 2 years old at least, which means that an OS update is highly unlikely. I've waited myself for 2 years, and even security updates have been delayed to once every 3 months. And since the deal is now done with TCL, I assume the latest security update is the last one (the Key2 could technically get another one, but it's again, unlikely). I wouldn't hold my breath either way. The device will continue to work on Android 8 (Oreo) but its security rating will keep falling, unfortunately. 

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation